Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Win. Movie Maker - Need Urgent Help

• 22-09-2005 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭

Right so, I have a Windows Movie Maker project that's just under 90 mins. and I've been trying to save it as a movie file for the last day and a half. Each time I'll put in the settings and then when it gets to the progress screen it stays on 0% and just says, "Estimating time remaining..." I got it to work last night but I think it stalled as when I got up this morning the progress was still 0% and the time remaining was somewhere near 1,384,564 mins.! I also got it working about 2 hours ago, or so I thought. When I checked the file afterwards there was only the first 20 seconds of video and the rest was only audio. I guess the fact that it only took 15 mins. to compile should have been a clue that there was something wrong.

The source files are fine, the destination folder is fine, I've have about 20GB of free space on my hard drive so that's not the problem and I've tried multiple settings for saving the file.

In short, I need help! I have no idea what the problem might be. Has anyone here had similar problems?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

the problem is simple to fix DONT USE MOVIE MAKER anything over about 30mins and its completely useless as your seeing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

That was going to be my reply. Premiere will even find it difficult coping with times lines that long, at least it did when I last used it.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Well is it possible for me to split the project into shorter chunks and then reattach them all together using another program? A program that you might suggest to me? :)

Advertisement