Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP Volume?

• 22-09-2005 2:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

Shocked at how low it is, specially for UMD movies. Why make such an impressive piece of hardware and then have it gimped by such anoyingly low volume ? I was trying to watch spiderman 2 on the bus the other day and I had to turn it off after 10 minutes because I could not hear any of the dialog...at all. I dont mean that I strained to hear it, I couldnt make out a word!

Anyone else found this ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

yeah its low alright

i use psp video 9

i set the volume to 400% in the settings - does the job.

there's a different dynamic range in most games as opposed to movies I guess.

*edit* also don't use the provided headphones - they have some sort of sound limiting jobby in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

sound is limited to 90dbs with those earphones, pain in the hole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭klingklang

In the Video Settings - have you increased the UMD Video Volume to +2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

klingklang wrote:

nope but will do, thanks.

aha, so thats it. I'll use different ones from now on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

klingklang wrote:

Like KlingKlang says. I thought the UMDs were broken, being so quiet, then while messing with menu while watching a UMD I found the +1 and +2 settings for volume. Huuuuge improvement :eek:

Blame the army deafness claims for Sony's lowering of the PSP volume. Too late for all us old school walkman owners though :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

If you want to keep the on-cord-controls, just attach short set of earphones - the restriction is on the ear bit.

The 90dbs is stupidly low – ‘nanny state’ comes to mind when you can’t hear music vie earphones because passing cars are louder. Is it an EU law that covers this or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

yes EU law. Didn't it affect ipods as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

There is a sound limiter on Sony's mp3 players.....but a code can get rid of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    yes EU law. Didn't it affect ipods as well?

well my ipod came from the states and its louder than european ipods. so one can only assume

Advertisement