Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Full Octave

Options
  • 22-09-2005 3:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

I have just started a Music Forum website (http://forum.thefulloctave.com) this week and I am looking to spread the word as much as possible. We are going to try and get as many unknown or unplayed bands as possible to supply a couple of songs and information about their bands, as well as trying to promote and encourage quality conversation about quality music. We are open to all genres, and will be running regular competitions for prizes of cds, concert tickets, band merchantise. We are having a positive feedback from bands so far, but we really need to get the word out there.

So if you have time, come have a look and if your interested register!! We are hoping to get a quality forum off the ground!!!

We are also looking for people to review gigs and albums.

Thanks people!!

Gareth

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 garypope

there are loads of irish music websites...

what makes you special?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Gareth P

Well its not primarily Irish for starters and what makes us special? Well personally most of the music sites that I have come across tend to focus on a band or a genre. When they do focus cross genres, they fall to pieces and they forget the music (oxegen.ie is a perfect example). We are going to feature indepth interviews with the bands, samples of their music and reviews and previews of gigs. We are also going to give away cds and concert tickets as prizes regularly.

I am not saying we are unique, but we certainly are going to try and provide a platform for solid music talk for all kinds of music. We hope you join GaryPope and maybe give us a chance. We are only 4 days up.

Oh we are launching a website on the back of it too. It should be up in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Good luck with the site. The more people promoting decent original music for free the better I say!

Thank you very much for the good wishes. I hope you will pop along and join in sometime .. we will get there in the end :)

We just announced our first competition. You can find details at the link below.

http://forum.thefulloctave.com/viewtopic.php?t=360

• Advertisement
Advertisement