Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Request] Memory Foam Mattress

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭taung

We got a Tempur; we now sleep in heaven, they are absolutely brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

My paw works for Kelletts and they have memory foam mattresses I believe, send me a PM and I'll put ye in touch with him, might even get a few squid off. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

I just took delivery of the northwest furniture one-but in the 8wks it took from payment to me receiving it i had to buy another one. So if anyone wants one-in a double size for 20e cheaper then check out my ad in adverts.
    Well worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I did not read all the posts so someone may have mentioned it but you can get a memory foam cover that goes over your actual mattress and is almost as good for a fraction of the price. Argos even does them i believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭validis_

I bought one of these matteresses about this time last year , at first we thought it was a bit hard , but after a month we loved it, extremely comfy,
    cons: you sweat more with a foam matteress, and it is slowly getting a dent in the middle. If I was buying again I would prob get a foam matteress again that also has springs. great value (also bought it on ebay same seller i think)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭dwaned

We've bought 2 from here http://cgi.ebay.ie/DOUBLE-4-6CONTEMPORY-MEMORY-FOAM-MATTRESSES-FROM-ITALY_W0QQitemZ140090070473QQihZ004QQcategoryZ37647QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem , abt 18 months ago... They are great and the guy was a pleasure to deal with... Abt €200 inc p&p if I remeber correctly....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭FrCrilly

dwaned wrote:
    We've bought 2 from here http://cgi.ebay.ie/DOUBLE-4-6CONTEMPORY-MEMORY-FOAM-MATTRESSES-FROM-ITALY_W0QQitemZ140090070473QQihZ004QQcategoryZ37647QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem , abt 18 months ago... They are great and the guy was a pleasure to deal with... Abt €200 inc p&p if I remeber correctly....

I acted on the above comment. The price was more €250 to €300 including p&p (bought other stuff so can’t be that accurate). I get the impression they backlog Irish orders and send them all out at once, so it may take 2 or 3 weeks if you’re on the unlucky side.

The mattress itself is quite good. The main thing I notice is it’s moulds around my upper back, making it very comfortable.

My thanks to Dwaned for the 18 month long reference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Leon11

I ordered mine on the 2nd Feb and it still hasn't arrived yet. Got an email saying it shipped on the 4th April!!!

Anybody know where I stand? I've emailed him twice without reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Very interested in this topic - have back trouble and am thinking of memory foam to help. Have seen some expensive ones that have a breathable layer to avoid heat increase - does anyone have any experience with these?

Would be very interested to hear of good bricks & mortar shops in or around Dublin where I could try out a good range of mattresses (before potentially buying online)?

Also, does anyone have any experience with the combination spring coils/memory foam mattresses?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Leon11 wrote:
    I ordered mine on the 2nd Feb and it still hasn't arrived yet. Got an email saying it shipped on the 4th April!!!

Anybody know where I stand? I've emailed him twice without reply!

E bay guy seems to have some negative feedback which is never a good sign

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rfrankd@gmail.c

Hi,

not sure if this product survey has been circulated before - I found it helpful:

http://www.sleepshaper.co.uk/which.pdf

It's linked from the Sleepshaper website and their mattress comes out near the top (surprise surprise) - they're available in Ireland through mattress.ie for around €900 for super-king.
    After much research, I eventually went for the topsleep delux memory foam which cost just under €650 for the super-king size.
    I haven't slept on it yet (suppliers of my new bed let me down, but that's a whole other conversation...) but I was impressed with the quick delivery (2 days after I ordered it) and the 2 free memory foam pillows. It's also medium-firm, so you don't seem to sink down too deep.
    On the down side, its only 8" thick which looks a bit mean compared to my old pocket sprung but even lying on it on the floor it feels real comfy. I don't think I'll be needing the 60 day trial which they offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭gerkeo

I got mine is a shop in galway, Liosban Furniture. the matress is almost a foot thick, memory foam and fantastically comfortable. about €1200, i got it with other stuff as part of a load of stuff for my new house so i cant quite be sure.
    I love my bed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭karen3212

Hi,

not sure if this product survey has been circulated before - I found it helpful:

http://www.sleepshaper.co.uk/which.pdf

QUOTE]
    that link helped me a lot, so much so I've finally made a decision about which bed I'll buy, not i must do the price comparisons. I like the myer conforma, pocket springs and foam. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭dietcola

Hay i recently went through the same thing, i wanted a good mattress at a good price, and after much internet leg work i found a supplier who was willing to do me a double memory foam mattress for £1100 plus vat, which is agreeably a great price! A further bartering with the sales rep i got a free mattress cover thrown in, worth a few quid but a nice thing to do i think you'll agree! either way iam happy with my mattress but as it is so soft and i suffer from a bad foot i do struggle to get out of the thing, however after fitting a handle under the mattress and above the bed this problem has been sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Holy thread resurrection batman :eek:

to the bat mobile robin!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

ah this is what i was looking for :D
    oldposts.jpg

original at least... looks like my ex bird after one too many!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Overstock.com ship memory foam to Ireland from the US, double the price of the item for postage and tax, some good bargains to be had on this site.

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Memory-Foam/2795/subcat.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

dietcola wrote: »
    Hay i recently went through the same thing, i wanted a good mattress at a good price, and after much internet leg work i found a supplier who was willing to do me a double memory foam mattress for £1100 plus vat, which is agreeably a great price!

No its not really a bargain, you are better off keeping/buying a crappy mattress and just getting a 4 inch memory foam topper for under €200.

• Advertisement

Indeed the toppers are well worth the money and do provide some of the comfort of the whole mattress, i just prefer the real deal! However i must admit the toppers are a lot cooler in the summer months... on the strength of the our memory foam mattress i purchased a topper for our camper-van... in these circumstances i appreciate the extra warmth they can provide!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭rgfuller

beds.ie have a memory foam mattress for €400 delivered.

http://www.beds.ie/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=657

I have no connection with beds.ie other that being a recently satisfied customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭WannaGetFit

Hi, after much research I have decided to buy a La Romantica Mattress, Madrid or Venice.

Does anyone konw where they are sold, either in Dublin or Belfast or preferably both. Would like to try out in Dublin and buy in Belfast.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Didnt spot any place in Ireland that sells them but this crowd have them in the UK and ship to northern Ireland. Maybe with a bit or persuasion they might ship it to you down south if you call them?

B~

Have you checked out Bedstar.co.uk to my knowledge they will ship to NI - i recently bought a topper from them and it came very quickly!

Good hunting!:cool:

bazual wrote: »
    Didnt spot any place in Ireland that sells them but this crowd have them in the UK and ship to northern Ireland. Maybe with a bit or persuasion they might ship it to you down south if you call them?

B~

Thanks, they are looking in to it at the moment.

dietcola wrote: »
    Have you checked out Bedstar.co.uk to my knowledge they will ship to NI - i recently bought a topper from them and it came very quickly!

Good hunting!:cool:

Thanks, they just dont have the bed I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

I dont know if this is true or not but was told today that the names of mattresses can be different in different stores. Even the lebel thats sewn into them is different for different shops. So if you are trying to price compare its a nightmare as some shops call a mattress one name and the next one calls it a different.
    I am wondering now is the madrid or Venice name you mentioned below a name just belong to the company where you saw it or heard of it and it could be called something else entirely.

Can anyone comment on this, is it true?

B~

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

bazual wrote: »
    I dont know if this is true or not but was told today that the names of mattresses can be different in different stores. Even the lebel thats sewn into them is different for different shops. So if you are trying to price compare its a nightmare as some shops call a mattress one name and the next one calls it a different.
    I am wondering now is the madrid or Venice name you mentioned below a name just belong to the company where you saw it or heard of it and it could be called something else entirely.

Can anyone comment on this, is it true?

B~

Yes, this is true. Although it doesn't occur on all products. The idea is to give the individual retailers "exclusivity" in a sense. It's a huge pain if you are shopping around so you should pay attention to the specs of the mattress and compare that way. i.e Pocket Spring count etc.
    I would advise when shopping to negotiate for free extra's such as delivery, old mattress removal etc. The prices in any retailer won't differ by a huge amount at the end of the day as they mostly buy for similar prices and maintain similar margins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

ebedz shop uk, they seem cheap

Advertisement