Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB Ripwave, finance enquiry, support non existant.

• 22-09-2005 5:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭

Hey.

Im furious at IBB right now. Apart from the inconsistant speeds, everything was ok with my ripwave until recently.

I pay IBB via direct debit from my bank account, but around August that payment wasnt made as I didnt have sufficient funds in my account at the time. A minor hitch I thought, presuming I would be charged double the following month. But instead I am getting my invoices but no money is being taken from my account, so now I have 50 euro extra in my account which I WANT TO GIVE TO IBB, but cant!

Ive TWICE rang their customer support service and twice waited on the phone for half an hour like an idiot, until I hung up in utter frustration.

I also emailed them, and got NO REPLY.

I also called their 4818400 number and it rang out for 10 minutes.
    Then a week ago I recieved a "Statement" saying that I owe them 50 euros, as if Ive not been trying to give them their money since.

Their support service is complete farce and Im absolutely infuriated at how difficult, or seemingly impossible, it is to get a HUMAN BEING on the phone, just for a couple of minutes, to discuss a minor finance hitch.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭abakan

O god i know how u feel

On hold for an hour, trying to get through because of a billing problem and when i did get through, they tranfered me over to someone else who didn have a clue

Possibly the worst company i have ever dealt with and there service - worse again - but then again all you have to do is read the treads to know that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

god i know how that feels , in my first month they inviced me for there 1 meg and 2 meg packages :rolleyes: but never tried to take the money out.

then 2 payments where taken out but returned the next day even though the money was in the account , rang the bank and they said everything was ok on our end and it was an ibb issue.

rang ibb to be passed from on person to another and while all this was going on the service was crap for the two months , in the end i just rang up and cancalled the service and pulled the cable back out of the house.

a total joke of a company !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Im amazed they can get away with such a shoddy service.

Im just glad that when you google Irish Broadband, boards.ie is in the top ten, so people can be hopefully informed before making the mistake of going with IBB.

So... just for the sake of google.... here are some keywords and phrases...

IRISH BROADBAND IS CRAP..
    DO NOT GET IBB RIPWAVE....

Irish Broadbands support is the worst support Ive ever had to deal with. - Actually Ive still not managed to speak to a human being on the phone.

A total joke of a company. And I believe comreq are doing NOTHING about it.

What maddens me is that for every dissatisfied customer pulling the plug, I imagine theres another 5 suckers signing up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭arcane99

I had the same problems with a credit card number change..No answer to phonecalls, no response to mail, and no call back when left messeges...Must be a great place to work in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭abakan

arcane99 wrote:
    Must be a great place to work in.

I had a interview with them 4 months ago, didnt get the job - they prob thought i was to clever and was educated

• Advertisement
Advertisement