Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Captain Americas Battle of the Bands Comp

Options
  • 22-09-2005 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Captain Americas
    Battle of The Bands
    Competition

Captain Americas have been serving Dublin’s original burger since 1971 and are now delighted to offer our customers live music entertainment. Our 2nd Annual Battle of The Bands Competition proudly sponsored by Tower Records and Heineken will start on Oct 3rd and run for 25 Weeks (5 wk break for Christmas) throughout the college term.

30 Bands will compete to win
    Studio time,
    I-pod shuffles,
    Cash
    Spot prizes
    And a Winners night dedicated to you

With all styles of music welcome from singer songwriters to full bands anyone can be with a chance to win the great prizes on offer. However the biggest difference in this year’s competition is the voting system. 3 judges on the night will have a vote worth 15% each, the remaining 55% will be judged by a popular vote made up by the people that are there on the night!!! This means that it’s not just the official Judges you have to impress but also the fans and customers as well.

To enter all you need to do is leave a demo with band details and contact number in Captain Americas, Tower Records, Music Maker or Temple Bar Music Centre. Successful entries will be notified by Captain Americas and given there gig date and an information pack.

For any further information please contact Patrick or David on 01-671 5266 or email bar@captainamericas.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

Captain Americas have been serving Dublin’s original burger since 1971

Well fair f*cking play to Captain America then so

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Winter Slide

thats only 60%. Good burgers perhaps, poor maths. Full bands eh? does that include big bands. Get Joe Dolan involved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭grimey

This means that it’s not just the official Judges you have to impress but also the fans and customers as well.

What a novel idea..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 garypope

3 judges @ 15%ea = 45%
    55% crowd

= 100%

winterslide?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Winter Slide

an interesting point. even valid perhaps. the burgers are **** anyway

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

WARNING

this battle of the bands is a complete joke i happen to be fairly good friends with a band from last year (the organisers will know who i'm talking about)

no recording time, no cash, the winners night was a ****ty college ball that was more aimed at saving the stuents union cash than anything else

in fairness they did get their gregpods so it wasnt all bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Milkman Dan

oh scandal.

i love it.

anyone who enters a battle of the bands is an idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Claire_bear

[QUOTE

anyone who enters a battle of the bands is an idiot.[/QUOTE]
    you are seriously negative in the 'things to do in dublin" post you say dublin is full of drunks, well you've obviously never been to cork, far more drunks! and i'm from dublin and i'm no drunk. NOW you're saying anyone who joins battle of the bands is an idiot. a gigs a gig son and there are sooo many famous bands who've been in battle of the bands so MEH!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

_raptor_ wrote:
    WARNING

this battle of the bands is a complete joke i happen to be fairly good friends with a band from last year (the organisers will know who i'm talking about)

So says the mod of the conspiracy theories board. I suppose the judges are cretinous half-lizards bent on world domination? :eek: :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

not this one claire i again refer you to post #7 of this thread and yes it just so happens they are half-lizards altough im still looking for proof of a world domination plan (will keep you all posted :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement