Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any business owners here, or people who work in an SME?

Options
  • 22-09-2005 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

Hi folks, I do marketing consultancy but my main clients are big companies. I always wanted to do something for smaller companies but I know budgets can be tight.

So I have put together a marketing training course over 6 nights. The key thing is its not the usual blah blah blah, I am keeping it all practical. I am aiming it at freelancers and SME's

Anyway I was wondering if you would have a look at the site and let me know what you think of the concept, the price (£200/€300) etc. Essentially would you go to a course like this, or what can I do to improve it?

Here is the link: http://www.freshideas.ie/realworldmarketing

By the way I am not touting for business, I am based in Belfast so the course will be up here, but I am keen to hear any feedback.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

I could see how it would be useful to certain people, but the course content seems to be a mix of a few books such as Tipping Point, Permission Marketing, Power of Persuasion and Idea Virus.

I think you should offer a follow up set of session 2 months afterwards, so the 12 people who sign up can come back and talk about there experiences, get feedback, bounce ideas etc.

Personally I think you should offer this course for cost price (which you might already be doing) upsell for you is brand building, networking and having a captive audience for two nights a week.

If you are offering for cost price you should really emphasise it on the site.

Best of luck with the venture

cheers

fintan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭madramor

your whole website reads like a pyramid scam, or an infomercial,
    not the product your offering but the language and style.

"You may well be thinking that's all very well my talking about the work i've done for big companies."

"The truth is that ...."

"Don't worry, the course does not require any existing knowledge of marketing"

"Why 80% of your marketing spend is worthless and how to find he 20% that works"
    By the way I am not touting for business, I am based in Belfast so the course will be up here, but I am keen to hear any feedback.
    you quoted a price in euro.
    you are a "marketing professional"
    so don't say i am not touting for business.

according to your website you are a professional website developer and advertising expert and yet

you are asking members of the public:
    1:
    what they think of your website
    2:
    for some help in improving your idea

some expert
    Anyway I was wondering if you would have a look at the site and let me know what you think of the concept, the price (£200/€300) etc. Essentially would you go to a course like this, or what can I do to improve it?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭leftofcentre

Hi Madramor, as I said I am looking feedback from people who work for themselves, or in a small business, this is my target audience. Its hardly unusual to ask people for feedback.

Thanks for the feedback Fintan. The problem is its a thin line between talking it up and hyping it too much. I know what you mean, obviously i want to make it attractive, but I don't want to sound like i am flogging a vegetable slicer.

A few people have said that the problem they have is getting long term advice so it could be an idea to have a monthly meet up.

Advertisement