Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Last Ever Third Watch

• 22-09-2005 6:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭

If you ever watched this great show when it had a good timeslot,but lost track of it because of RTE's stupid scheduling,you might be interested in seeing how it all ends. The last ever episode is on tonight at 11.40pm on RTE 1.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Wow, the first pre-midnight episode in years.

I'll miss the show :( Hopefully it'll turn up on DVD some time soon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

I don't know,I have never seen season 1 and 2,so I'd love a dvd to come out,but apparantly there are problems with music rights or something annoying like that :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Misty Moon

Loved Third Watch when it first started and then the times were all over the place and really late so I've missed most of it. Had been hoping it'd come out on DVD. Oh well, looks like I'll have a wait for that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

Yep absolutely legendary show. Was very sad when it ended as it was one of the only things I truely enjoyed watching.

I was also very pleased with how the last episode was done. Never thought it would be able to end in a way the left me satisified but it did.

For those of you who havent seen it i fully reccommend it. Powerful, emotional drama one of the best shows ever. Going to order the dvds from japan soon so it wont be over as I get to keep watching :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

missed it what happened, sounded a bit precint 13 ish?

a while back i thought the series had finished because the story about Ty's father had come out, and if that had finished then the overall arc story had come full circle but then, Ty didn't appear till the second or third series?
    Was Bosco partnered with Sully in the first series or was he always with Yokis(sp?), and is it that he can and cannot continue as a cop be the summing up of the series or does he get killed???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Misty Moon wrote:
    Loved Third Watch when it first started and then the times were all over the place and really late so I've missed most of it. Had been hoping it'd come out on DVD. Oh well, looks like I'll have a wait for that!

They're not bringing it out on DVD, something about the studio having a fight about something.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

The first 2 seasons are available from japan on dvd. All original, not dubbed but with japanese subtitles available.

Season 1

Season 2

To answer your question; Ty was in the show from the start and bosco and faith were always partners.

I think the finale was well done considering they only had one episode to do it. They only found out about the cancellation the day before they were to shoot the finale,which had been written as a season finale,but they threw that out and re wrote it in a day so they could finish it off. Considering that,I thought it was well done. I liked Sully telling us what happened to everyone years later,and we got to see Doc,Jimmy and Kim again. Aiden Quinn was also thrown in there. The only thing I didn't like was Cruz dying :( I loved her :D But she did go out with a band...pun intended :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 cuchulainn666

Hi, am in desperate need, messed up video last nite and as a result no last ever third watch for me :mad:
    Is there anyone out there with last nites episode on tape?

HI did you tape last nites third watch

• Advertisement

Yes, I did.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Hi, am in desperate need, messed up video last nite and as a result no last ever third watch for me :mad:
    Is there anyone out there with last nites episode on tape?

Channel 4 are showing series 5 at the moment so they should have that episode on in a year and a half or so. :D

John R wrote:
    Channel 4 are showing series 5 at the moment so they should have that episode on in a year and a half or so. :D

lol,I'd say 2 years or more!

Still hoping someone out there taped this on thursday nite.

...or has it on dvd :confused:

.... are you blind I taped it.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭Misty Moon

a while back i thought the series had finished because the story about Ty's father had come out, and if that had finished then the overall arc story had come full circle but then, Ty didn't appear till the second or third series?

Ty and Sully got partnered in the very first episode.
    Was Bosco partnered with Sully in the first series or was he always with Yokis(sp?), and is it that he can and cannot continue as a cop be the summing up of the series or does he get killed???

Bosco and Yokus were already partnered in the first episode. Don't know about the rest of it - haven't seen many recent episodes.

Television without Pity has recaps of the first two seasons if you want to figure out what was going on during them - was series 3 the last one?

Lump wrote:
    .... are you blind I taped it.

John

But are you offering to give him a tape of it,thats the question me thinks :D :rolleyes:

Possibly.... for a fee obviously, since I'm in England, and I would incur costs and what not.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

CrimE wrote:
    The first 2 seasons are available from japan on dvd. All original, not dubbed but with japanese subtitles available.

Season 1

Season 2

To answer your question; Ty was in the show from the start and bosco and faith were always partners.
    Thanks for the links - both ordered :)

• Advertisement

Bond-007 wrote:
    Thanks for the links - both ordered :)
    How much did shipping turn out to be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

How much did shipping turn out to be?
    2250 yen which is €16.62

Total order was 7130 Yen incl shipping which was €52

I don't think they are seasons 1 and 2,it is season 1 spilt into 2.

Yeah, looks like it.

Advertisement