Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it just me or is anyone else sick of sony.

• 22-09-2005 7:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or is anyone else sick of sony. I used to be a big fan of sony but im sick to the teeth or there bullshi1t release dates here in Europe. Why should we get their consoles nearly a year after the rest of the world get them. Its the same with films but at least you can download them(I dont).But you cant download a pirate console. The PS2 came out here nearly a year after its Japanese realese. Look at the PSP released in Japan last December, March in America and we just got it here this month. Now they are telling us the PS3 release date is March/April next year. Dont for a second think that we will see it here then. We'll be lucky to get it for Christmas 2006 after the rest of the world are just after completing their 9th game.

I own a PS2 which I bought because of loyalty to Sony. I never liked the XBox1 even though it was more powerfull. But now my loyalty has moved to Microsoft because of the simple fact that they know how not to piss me off by releasing the XBox360 accross the world within 4 days. I have put a deposit on an XBox360 in Xtra-Vision and will be picking it up the day it is released. Sony will not be getting my money this time round.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

why show loyalty to a billion dollar company?

besides, this has been happeninjg for years why is it only now that you have decided to become pissed off about it. if you really wanted a PSP earlier than september you could have imported one

i will probably buy the xbox 360 but only if it has games i like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭clearz

Mossy Monk wrote:
    why show loyalty to a billion dollar company?

Well Id give my loyality to old Mrs O'Shea in the corner shop down the street if she came up with a better console than Sony or Microsoft but until then I guess ill have to stick with a billion dollar company

Besides this is the first time I havent been a kid or a teenager when getting a console. I never noticed these things before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

Yes all that, combined with the fact that the PSP is so shoddy... very very poor show with the amount of screens with dead pixels.

Shame on you Sony.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

You're the first person I've seen say they're loyal to Sony. For most gamers it's Nintendo. M$ don't even come into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

always been a big fan on nintendo always bring out the best games i am sceptical about the revolution but i know nintendo know what there doing (they have learned from past mistakes)

as for sony i think this gen isnt going to be quiet as easy for them as the last

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Cabelo

Since the walkman days I've been a sony kid. Not a fan, just a user of their products because to me they were always reliable and useful (don't flame me, I don't care).

What's changed now that makes people care? The internet. Now we KNOW what everyone else has and we're anxious to get our grubby little mitts on it. Don't get me wrong, I feel the same way but... when you get right down to it, it's not worth worrying about. If they continue to satisfy me (personally) then I won't be changing by default. I like what nintendo are doing, therefore I am interested. I like the Tekken games on sony consoles, therefore I am interested. I don't particularly care for Microsoft as they have been disappointing me since windows 3.1 and have shown no tendency to do otherwise. Simple for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Stoichkov

Yes Sony hates us, just Sony, not every console maker bar Bill and his $5bn loss.

Are people stupid or do they have no memories?! Europe has always gotten screwed over, Sega did it and Nintendo are also still doing it, how long between their jap and pal GC launch? People seem to have a strange irrational dislike of Sony and find any reason to bitch and moan about them.

Cabelo: I agree with your post :)

I'll admit I quite like Sony but I won't be blindly loyal to a company, so if the PS3 sucks I won't buy it for that logical reason not because its 'ghey' or looks like a grill.

I can understand Nintendo fanboys even though they are infuriating at times but MS fanboys dont make sense, one console that was a huge failure, its evil I tell ya, brainwashing the kiddies!

By the way I was/am a Sega fanboy so roll on the DC2!! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

huh!!...the PSXbox5 is ghey and looks like a grill...I won't be buying one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Showing loyalty to a corporation that's only in it for the money is a bit silly.

God why is everyone focusing on the word "loyalty". I could easily have used the word fan or "sony head" it was just the word that poped into my head when typing the post.

What I ment was that most ppl seem to be either a PS head or a Nintendo head or a XBox head and I used to be a PS one but not any more.

Maybe if Japanese companys started building plants in Europe and America then they could release at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

Should have bought the psp in asia better screen.Well I'm off to go play wipeout on a sweet bitching asian lcd screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

The PS3 controller just looks uncomfortable. It's a frikn boomerang!

I only just got my PS2 for my birthday but have to say I'm liking it. I'm a Nintendo girl myself but fell in love with the slimline PS2s this summer. I love Crash and Spyro(PS1 games, I know, but they're such classics and I never had a PS1) and I've been introduced to funky games such as Alien Hominid by my friends. The PS2 is a fantastic console. There's a huge range of affordable games(I live in Birmingham and just started working at a game shop so staff discount plus I'm not paying Irish rip off prices). I just think that it's really versatile because of the amount of games available so there's something for everyone's tastes.

As far as other Sony products... well they seem quite overpriced. Like walk into a Sony Centre and it's just like rip off city in there most of the time.

Like someone said of the PS3 and Xbox360 in the Nintendo forum: Sony and MS are just taking the safe route and playing pimp my console. There's nothing particularly new or innovative in either of them as far as I can tell. The Revolution however seems to bring about a whole new thing with the controller. I'm well impressed with Nintendo(again) from what I've seen so far and unless Sony or MS come up with anything nearly as cool as Nintendo I will definitely be going for Nintendo (again) this round.

Sidenote: Pimp my console brought you your slimline ps2 sweetheart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

But it's still a PS2, just smaller. I'm talking about the next gen consoles. Sony and MS are playing it safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

clearz wrote:
    Is it just me or is anyone else sick of sony. I used to be a big fan of sony but im sick to the teeth or there bullshi1t release dates here in Europe. Why should we get their consoles nearly a year after the rest of the world get them. Its the same with films but at least you can download them(I dont).But you cant download a pirate console. The PS2 came out here nearly a year after its Japanese realese. Look at the PSP released in Japan last December, March in America and we just got it here this month. Now they are telling us the PS3 release date is March/April next year. Dont for a second think that we will see it here then. We'll be lucky to get it for Christmas 2006 after the rest of the world are just after completing their 9th game.

I own a PS2 which I bought because of loyalty to Sony. I never liked the XBox1 even though it was more powerfull. But now my loyalty has moved to Microsoft because of the simple fact that they know how not to piss me off by releasing the XBox360 accross the world within 4 days. I have put a deposit on an XBox360 in Xtra-Vision and will be picking it up the day it is released. Sony will not be getting my money this time round.

Jesus christ. Spare us your moans. You do realise Europe is the 3rd largest market. They have to test the waters in Japan being the largest gaming market and secondly the US. There's NO OK LETS MAKE THEM SUFFER IN EUROPE bull****. If you had actually looked into it you'd realise we get stuff well before a lot of the rest of the world. Japan/America/Europe/Rest of the World like Australia etc. It's not out here last.

I'm not a SONY or M$ or Nintendo head I'm just a gamer of all platforms including PC. I don't hold grudges against companies who don't bring their stuff out RIGHT NOW. Yeh it's a bit annoying that's true but who cares. Have some patience. SONY are an excellent brand for compatibility and reliability of product across all their electronics from first hand experience owning various sony products so quit your bitching and just wait.
    LadyLotts wrote:
    The PS3 controller just looks uncomfortable. It's a frikn boomerang!

I actually think sony have hit the nail on the head with their new controller. From pictures they may look odd but if you could pick one fault with the old controller it would be that there wasn't enough grip to hold on to imo. And they've seen that and fixed it by adding more to hold which is all the controller needed :) I plan on getting all 3 consoles mind you cuz they'll all be very good no doubt and worth getting each one.
    LadyLotts wrote:
    As far as other Sony products... well they seem quite overpriced. Like walk into a Sony Centre and it's just like rip off city in there most of the time.

Actually Sony Centres are Franchised out so it's not actually Sony who are controlling the prices. They do give a guidline price which is usually the one stuck to but the final say is the franchise holder's of each particular centre.

I beseech a moderator to just lock this for the simple fact that it's trolling and moaning at it's best/worst however you want to look at it! :rolleyes:

Ry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

clearz wrote:
    im sick to the teeth or there bullshi1t release dates here in Europe. Why should we get their consoles nearly a year after the rest of the world get them. Its the same with films but at least you can download them(I dont).

can't blame sony on the films when it's every studio in fairness. with music, we get cd's before america quite often (even if it is only 1 day)
    clearz wrote:
    Look at the PSP released in Japan last December, March in America and we just got it here this month. Now they are telling us the PS3 release date is March/April next year. Dont for a second think that we will see it here then. We'll be lucky to get it for Christmas 2006 after the rest of the world are just after completing their 9th game.

japanese launch will always be first. it's a japanese company, and it's their biggest market. then, with all the japs going online and chatting about their leet new console, hype builds and people over here pre-order. it's a formula that's clearly worked for sony. also, the american psp was built (by americans) differently to the jap one, and was of a lower standard.. so the euro release was pushed back to make sure the quality was good.
    clearz wrote:

i'm sure sony will crumble
    clearz wrote:
    Well Id give my loyality to old Mrs O'Shea in the corner shop down the street if she came up with a better console than Sony or Microsoft but until then I guess ill have to stick with a billion dollar company

just there you said you would go with xbox because it's more powerful, but now you're not? :p
    LadyLotts wrote:
    There's nothing particularly new or innovative in either of them as far as I can tell. The Revolution however seems to bring about a whole new thing with the controller.

it's hardly a revolution if it was done before. and the architecture of the ps3 is revolutionary to the industry, if not the end-users. m$ pretty much just went down to the shops and made a high-end pc
    dregin wrote:
    You're the first person I've seen say they're loyal to Sony. For most gamers it's Nintendo. M$ don't even come into it.

we all want nintendo to do well (or just beat M$ at least), but their sales don't point towards "most gamers going to nintendo"

Ry wrote:
    Jesus christ. Spare us your moans. You do realise Europe is the 3rd largest market. They have to test the waters in Japan being the largest gaming market and secondly the US. There's NO OK LETS MAKE THEM SUFFER IN EUROPE bull****. If you had actually looked into it you'd realise we get stuff well before a lot of the rest of the world. Japan/America/Europe/Rest of the World like Australia etc. It's not out here last.

I'm not a SONY or M$ or Nintendo head I'm just a gamer of all platforms including PC. I don't hold grudges against companies who don't bring their stuff out RIGHT NOW. Yeh it's a bit annoying that's true but who cares. Have some patience. SONY are an excellent brand for compatibility and reliability of product across all their electronics from first hand experience owning various sony products so quit your bitching and just wait.

First of all if ya dont like my moans dont bother reading the thread let alone reply to it. I dont care about the rest of the world and no I dont have patience. We live in 2005. Everybody wants the latest sh1t NOW not in a years time but NOW. If Microsoft can do it with the Xbox360 then why cant sony do it with their products. I could handle the wait till next March for a PS3 but not December 2006 which is the probable release time. If Japanese companys got up of there arse and built a few factories outside of Japan like American companys do then one global release date would be possible.

clearz wrote:
    First of all if ya dont like my moans dont bother reading the thread let alone reply to it. I dont care about the rest of the world and no I dont have patience. We live in 2005. Everybody wants the latest sh1t NOW not in a years time but NOW. If Microsoft can do it with the Xbox360 then why cant sony do it with their products. I could handle the wait till next March for a PS3 but not December 2006 which is the probable release time. If Japanese companys got up of there arse and built a few factories outside of Japan like American companys do then one global release date would be possible.

A suggestion would be to stop wasting peoples time just posting moans. Do you think anyone wants to hear "Let's rant about Sony", moan about your latest peeve with sony or give out in general about release schedules across the world!? I don't think so.

Also saying "We live in 2005" is as bad as the cliche back in the 90's "it's the 90s". So ****in what? Yeh it's the 90's or it's 2005 and your point is? That we should for some reason be getting service that just doesn't exist right now but should be getting perhaps a future standard of service because you're stating what era we're living in Right now? So saying "cmon this is 2005" is supposed to suddenly make us a society similar to that which might be in existance in 2020? If you're not happy with the level humans have reached in the year 2005 then go and change the world, rather than just making empty exclamations as though they mean something.

Did the egyptians go around shouting "CMON it's ****in 1000Bc where are the ****in Flying machines?? Ra! You'd think someone would have made one by now!"

Global releasing is something only starting to come in. M$ are the first to do it with their consoles with a few days gap. So again, Patience!

It's something we all have to live with. On the note about global production. I'd rather a high quality product than a rushed out spin off factory model like the US got with their psp's. Their psp's weren't multi-region umd playable and afaik the software was slightly different to that of the japanese one and had a couple of bugs needing a firmware upgrade out of the box :/ So I'd wait for something good rather than have it on the day.

Ry

Ry wrote:
    A suggestion would be to stop wasting peoples time just posting moans. Do you think anyone wants to hear "Let's rant about Sony", moan about your latest peeve with sony or give out in general about release schedules across the world!? I don't think so.

Also saying "We live in 2005" is as bad as the cliche back in the 90's "it's the 90s". So ****in what? Yeh it's the 90's or it's 2005 and your point is? That we should for some reason be getting service that just doesn't exist right now but should be getting perhaps a future standard of service because you're stating what era we're living in Right now? So saying "cmon this is 2005" is supposed to suddenly make us a society similar to that which might be in existance in 2020? If you're not happy with the level humans have reached in the year 2005 then go and change the world, rather than just making empty exclamations as though they mean something.

Did the egyptians go around shouting "CMON it's ****in 1000Bc where are the ****in Flying machines?? Ra! You'd think someone would have made one by now!"

Global releasing is something only starting to come in. M$ are the first to do it with their consoles with a few days gap. So again, Patience!

It's something we all have to live with. On the note about global production. I'd rather a high quality product than a rushed out spin off factory model like the US got with their psp's. Their psp's weren't multi-region umd playable and afaik the software was slightly different to that of the japanese one and had a couple of bugs needing a firmware upgrade out of the box :/ So I'd wait for something good rather than have it on the day.

Ry

Another suggestion would be no I wont stop posting moans. Maybe some other ppl might be interested in the fact that we dont get the hardware we crave here for up to a year after others do. The only person wasting your time is yourself with your replys. It takes a lot longer to write a reply than to skim over a post. You sound like sombody thats lazy and un-motivated with that attitude. "Ah sure have patience", It will happen when it happens. Its the ppl who moan who gets things done in this world. If where up to the likes of you we would be still living in caves.

PS and yea I have sent a email to Sony on the subject.

why dont you move if the waiting in Europe pisses you off so much

• Advertisement

Mossy Monk wrote:
    why dont you move if the waiting in Europe pisses you off so much

Ah aint that cute. Little Mossy Monk just got his confindence up enough to pop his head up from the crowd with this 5 year old's comment. LOL utter pathetic. I was gonna write this post about the social, financial and personal reasons why I would not move to America or Japan over a games console but im afraid I may overload the delicate circuitry that you call your brain.

I'm betting about 15 or 16 any takers? :p

:rolleyes:

Ry

i like how you are making observations about other people posting like 5 year olds when all you have done is bitch and moan about how other parts of the world gets things before you

I give up. You win. Whatever. Im out of this thread. Do whatever you all like with it.

OMFG! Watch out, he's too mature. I bet he's all down with girls and stuff.

Cop on, if you're desperate for it, learn some japanese (it's an easy language) and order the yokes early. No bloody problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Cabelo wrote:
    I bet he's all down with girls and stuff.
    you mean those breasted men we see so much of in the porno? does that require going out into that big blue room?

Advertisement