Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corrupt Class Leader Elections

Options
  • 22-09-2005 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

What a shambolic school I attend. I go to Carrick Vocational School in Donegal and on Tuesday we had our class leader elections for 5th year. All fine and well we went and voted. The majority in my year had decided not to re-elect ... am lets call him Mr. X ..... because we felt he was getting to big for his boots. So we went in and most of us voted for Mr. Y. He got about 10 votes minimum and possibly 12 - 15 out of a year of 44 students. Mr. Y on the other hand got 8 - 9 votes max. So we all waited for the announcement that Mr. Y would be elected. Imagine our suprise when the next day Mr. Y was elected by 2 votes. The year was pretty mad so a lot of people went and complained to the vice - principal saying that the election was rigged. She said she'd look into it. The reason that the year thought that it was fixed was the teacher in charge of the election really loves Mr. X. So today the vice - principal says that she counted the votes herself and everything was in order. Then later today the teacher accused by the year of rigging the elections says that he was asked by the principal and vice - principal for the ballot slips so they could count them and he told them he'd burned them. He also claimed that Mr. X had been voted in by 1 vote not 2 votes .

My point after that confusing message is that one of the either the teacher or the v principal are lying as you can't count burnt ashes. Also now Mr. X got voted in by only 1 vote not 2 votes as on Weds. The teacher also has a history of awarding academic awards to people who didnt actually deserve them before.

So what is your opinions on this mess? Is the vice principal lying or is it the teacher? Was the vote actually rigged or are we all just taking this too seriously? Your thoughts please

Most obliged.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

Oh no the world is over, someone got made class leader, we'll be building statues as slaves for the rest of our lives

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Well boo hoo lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Looks like Mr. X has a fine political career ahead of him, doubly so since his name is suited to marking boxes on a ballot paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭fearcruach

I know class leader is a totally pointless job but I do find it messed up that they have to go and change it like they did. Since it is a pointless job it doesn't really matter who gets it, so why make up results? Although that's where ass licking gets you. Still it's an unbelievably bad school. Be glad you don't go there. I just resent the fact that they can't even hold a simple election without making a mess of it. You'd really have to go to my school to see what I mean. Which makes this whole thread pointless. Oh well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

School politics are important in that they prepare you for the real world of corrupt politics. Let it go, school's not a democracy, and at the end of the day you've more important things to worry about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Mr.X clearly collaberated with Mr.Y and the elusive Mr.Z on said Q election. If we take Q at its face value, the answer is X as Y and Z both add up to less than X, if you know what I mean

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Funkstard, that post gives me headache lol

tbh, "class leaders" jobs are pretty pointless,
    we had them, NOTHING ever gets done,

my 2 cents

( i was one, i was voted for in my absence on the bases that i just didnt want to do it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

maybe some of the students are lying bout who they voted??

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

In our school, we allegedly voted for the "prefects" in sixth year, but ultimately it went to all the teacher's sons and the top 4 rugby players :rolleyes:

Who cares tbh, it's not like the position means/does anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Fight the power. Beat Mr. X up behind the bike shed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

Lol at all the sarchasm. Never mind its a pointless job anyways, anything they want has to be ok'ed by a teacher/principal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

I was vice President of the Student Council for 5th/6th year in my school - just before the mocks in 6th year we handed over to the then 5th years as we had too little time on our hands. An election was held [similiar to the one we were elected in] and the President and Vice President were elected by the students. However, the teachers who were associated with the Student Council and the present senior Council members decided to switch the President and Vice President around because the VP was really better suited to Pres and that's the way things were. I would say something similiar happened when I was elected except for the fact that we were the first year to have a Student Council and I think the school naively decided to let the students decide, they ended up with a Pres and VP that really weren't suited to the job but had been voted there based upon popularity, sports prestige and false promises.

Anyway, at the end of the day school politics, well, politics in general are all corrupt and that's the way life is. Blame human development.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

So what tbh... note I only read the title of this thread.... :rolleyes:

Advertisement