Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV missile cheat?

Options
  • 22-09-2005 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭

How common is cheating in battlefield? I've twice encountered people that had what seemed to be impossible skill with TV missiles that the gunners get on the attack choppers.

One time was when he was gunning for me, I was pilot. At first I was shocked, then very impressed, then very suspicious. He seemed to be able to make the rockets hit even enemy attack choppers from very long range, even after I turned the nose away from the target. Suffice to say, I seriously doubt that any human can aim them that well, or that TV missiles are supposed to be that maneouverable in the first place. It was dodgy as hell. Just today I was fighting a chopper that seemed to be able to do the same thing. He was launching hyper accurate TV missiles along the length of Dragon Valley to own spawning americans.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Many a time Ive hit targets from long distances. Sometimes ya get your team spottin Tanks for ya so you can fire one off in that general diretion then guide it. Other times ya can fire off where you suspect a chopper or sumfin will be comin from.

Sometimes ya might use one missile to getta view were enemy is at a distance then have a idea for your second shot.

Once the missile has been launched the gunner is in tv mode with it, so anything short of getting killed will not break his link. Its TV guided, not Wire Guided.

I beleive that it probably is the most powerful weapon in the game as can take out tanks & choppers in the 1 shot & dont think they get a lock on beep even so they unlikely to suspect it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Its a pain in the bollocks to use, but when you see pilots in F-15 dropping bombs onto moving jeeps and other amazing feats im sure some people are just as good with the TV guided missile.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Ive hit many a target with the Tv missle and ive flown for berns when hes hit some really accurate shots, and hes flown for me when ive hit some too, suffice to say , like everything, with practice you'll get better at firing them.

EDIT: Ive gotten pretty good with those laser guided missles on the 2 seater plane, even without the lock on. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

TV once you get the hang of it is very accurate indeed. I've shot missiles and just scanned for a target miles away from the helicopter and striking it if i see one. You only have to click once where you want it to redirect to and its there so if you see a tank just click on it and you're gonna hit it. Air to air is quite easy in helicopters since they hover and move so slightly they're a big target for TV missiles.

Ry

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

But, you can only readjust its course once right? Or am I missing something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

keep clicking on the screen to change its course

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

**loads up battlefield excitidly**

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

you direct it with one click and it goes in that direction another sends it in THAT direction you can guide it as much as you like. All you need is one click and you dont have to keep clicking like a mad man either. just one and it redirects itself.

Ry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

ahh thats what i ment

Advertisement