Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone like this band???

Options
  • 22-09-2005 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭

Therion
    They are a metal band from Sweden, on the go for 18 years now. They are fantastic, in my ever humble opinion. they have their roots in death metal, but have progressed over the years into a symphonic metal band, using large classical choirs as vocals. They also have done many covers over the years, including songs by ABBA, Metallica, Accept, Iron Maiden.
    So anyone else here have an appreciation for them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭slssprite

yes but not too much
    some things are really good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

I like them, heard one song and bought sirius b, good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Vile

I've been told by a friend that they're great (although some of his recommendations are suspect). Might try getting a few of their songs, although I'm not too pushed about it at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yeah, I have one of their albums, but I wouldn't be mad on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

An excellent band - really think they're brilliant!
    Hoping to go to ProgPower 2006 next year in Cheltenham next year to see them, Threshold, Freedom Call, Orphaned Land, Firewind + 2 more TBA.
    They are amazing live!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 invisibleghost

I just got Lemuria\ Sirius B last week. I havn't had time to listen to them more than once so I cant really pass judgement yet... but I was really dissapointed... I was expecting to love it, but found it really boring... :(

I shall give it another try though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭veryslowey

rubbish there a crown cover bnad and are like the thirlls

Advertisement