Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kate Moss loses 4/5 modelling contracts after pictures of snorting coke emerge

• 22-09-2005 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

Yo! I'm sure lots of you have read about this in the paper, saw it on the news and heard it on the radio, but basically, some undercover person working for the Daily Mirror was in a recording studio, and took pictures of Kate Moss snorting coke, which appeared on the front page of the paper and was all over the news shortly after.

After hearing about it, 4 of her 5 employers -- Burberry, Chanel, Gloria Vanderbilt, and Hennes & Mauritz -- have essentially sacked her, because presumably they don't want a coke fiend as the face of their products, etc.

So what are your thoughts on this? The Daily Mirror has essentially ruined her life, nobody's gonna wanna hire her now. And she's a coke-head... That's a pretty expensive addiction, especially when you've just been sacked. Do you think it was right of them? Or was it none of their business? Maybe the Mirror was doing a good deed for Chanel, etc., because Kate was doing this behind their back. Do you feel sorry for her?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Couldn't she have tried Pepsi instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

She deserved it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Couldn't she have tried Pepsi instead?

It takes ages to get out of your nose :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,644 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Personally, I think that anyone who claims they are suprised is either naive or working in PR tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ro_chez

Awww, poor kate, her life is ruined. The poor dear has only got a couple of million blips left to survive on now, what ever will she do......**** her

Oh and why the **** is this making headline news :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

SUPER MODEL IN COCAINE USAGE SHOCKER!

I'm more surprised she's with that dirty skank Pete Doherty - there was a clip of him on skynews last night showing his infected wound from where he had an implant put in to stop him getting high off heroin. Classy or what?

Anyway, who cares about her? She might appear to be a real bitch but she is loaded and (I would hope) is more worried about what this will do to her custody of her child rather than damage to her many contracts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

she can do what she wants, she has enough money at this stage, she can tell her employers to screw themselves!

and burberry sacking her for cocaine use is a bit of a joke/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

They'll all come back to her when the morons who actually care about this stuff move onto the next flavour of the half-hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

No sympathy at all for the girl but what bugs me is that in a year or so she'll have a book out about her struggle to kick cocaine and how the low point for her was the picture on the Mirror and you know what's worse, there will be queues at gob****es at Easons waiting for her to sign the book when she does a book tour. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

... I really couldn't care less about the British celebrity population...and I can't understand a lot of Brits' fascination with them... I was really annoyed when, while browsing the news channels the other morning, I stopped at Newstalk 106, I think it was the Eamon Dunphy show.. and they spent almost all the 'papers' segment talking about it... why should we become obsessed with this tabloid fetish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I always love how the tabloids blow sh*t like this out of proportion....she's a f*cking model in her 30's dating a crackhead rock star....what did they think she was doing?
    More importantly who's f*cking business is it what she does in her spare time? Social services should maybe be concerned for her kid, but I think Moss is capable of affording a good nanny for when she's a bit out of it...
    I'd say there's plenty of those wasters that "write" for those rags that would't be strangers to a few grams of charlie themselves....tossers.

As for her loosing her contracts; how can those companies keep her on? She's now bad for business, doesn't project the right wholesome image for their products etc....TBH at 31 yrs of age she prolly hadn't too long left to go as the face of many of the companies who's main markets are teen/early 20s....with the type of money those companies are handing out, they were always going to be picking up a newer younger version in the short term....why pay top dollar for an older model (pun intended)?

Moral of the story: I wouldn't wipe my arse on a tabloid let alone subscribe to what they have to report about....their whole stance on drugs is both hypocritical and narrowminded...the whole Leah Betts thing years back proved that point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

seamus wrote:
    They'll all come back to her when the morons who actually care about this stuff move onto the next flavour of the half-hour.

Ditto. Anyone who's suprised that a model enjoys marching powder is being fairly naive. She's a very popular and unique model, and she'll survive this. Good luck to all those companies trying to find a face who doesn't snort cocaine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I've no sympathy for her, the Daily Mirror didn't ruin her life, she did by taking the stuff in the first place. I mean she's in the limelight, how could she NOT expect it to come out at some stage.

And of course she was going to be sacked for it, as we all know and see supermodels have an extreme influence on girls,enough to make them starve themselves just to look like them, so if they'd kept her on what kind of message would that be sending?

I heard the metropolitan police are looking into it, I sincerely hope she's charged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

The reason The Mirror did 5 or 6 pages on her was to get their own back. A few years back Kate sued them for saying she used drugs...or something along those lines. It was payback. They were hunting her for ages I'd say.

She was just stupid and unlucky (for her) to get caught. I'd say 90-95% of people in the fashion/television/film industry are on drugs. And cocaine being the main one. They work such long hours, they need it to keep them awake and unfortunately for some, they become addicted and continue doing it after the production has finished.

I've no problem with Kate Moss doing drugs. It's her life. Sure how else to models stay thin and supress their appetite. But what does worry me is that people who hear about coke and are pondering the idea of doing will think "Well, Kate Moss is pretty and skinny and glamourous and she does it, so it must be okay." I've seen a lot of people do coke. At first I was shocked by it. But it doesn't any more since I saw it so often. It seems to be the fashionable thing to do these days. This might just end up making more people do it!

(And I won't even start on the fact that she has a small child! :( )

rb_ie wrote:

I heard the metropolitan police are looking into it, I sincerely hope she's charged.

:rolleyes:
    Charged with what?
    Last I heard it wasn't illegal to have your photo taken posing beside some unidentified white powder...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

if shes smart,she'll find a way to bounce back even stronger than before,hopefully she will

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

Coke head or not I'd still bang her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

BrightEyes wrote:
    if shes smart,she'll find a way to bounce back even stronger than before,hopefully she will

Oh yeah let's hope so :rolleyes:
    or maybe she'll OD and show all the girls who idolize her exactly what coke can do...

Larianne wrote:
    The reason The Mirror did 5 or 6 pages on her was to get their own back. A few years back Kate sued them for saying she used drugs...or something along those lines. It was payback. They were hunting her for ages I'd say.

That was Naomi Campbell.

The only reason the mirror did this is cos they've been like a dog with a bone on the whole Pete Doherty crack addict bandwagon and were just lucky to have on of their paparazzi come up with the goods on both him and his g/f.
    Celebrity sensationalist bullsh*t sells papers...and advertising space.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Meh, I'm sure she'll survive this and there's nothing all that surprising about the story.

The point of models isn't to be role models - it's to look good wearing clothes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Most likely scenario is she'll get clean and make a big LOOK IM CLEAN comeback to get her name out of the muck.

What could happen is she might just put her millions up her nose :p

Ry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

She should be more worried about losing her child tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

dawballz wrote:
    Coke head or not I'd still bang her.
    That will cheer her up no end. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

could someone post/pm me actual pics of her snorting?
    All Ive seen was her sitting beside a few lines of white powder.

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    could someone post/pm me actual pics of her snorting?
    All Ive seen was her sitting beside a few lines of white powder.

As far as I'm aware that's all anyone's seen.
    To the gallows with the wench! :rolleyes:

BTW do a google image seacrh for kate+moss+cocaine....it leads to a solitary picture of Lindsay Lohan...obviously the real culprit in all this :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 squiiish

Wertz wrote:
    That was Naomi Campbell.

The only reason the mirror did this is cos they've been like a dog with a bone on the whole Pete Doherty crack addict bandwagon and were just lucky to have on of their paparazzi come up with the goods on both him and his g/f.
    Celebrity sensationalist bullsh*t sells papers...and advertising space.

Nope it was Ms.Moss (well maybe they did the same thing to naomi as well...) But Kate Moss definitely brought a libel case against a paper for saying she was doing drugs a while ago- I think they alleged that she fell into a coma due to drug abuse or some thing.

I digress....hadn't heard about that, but google says you're right.

The Campbell libel story got a lot more air time....prolly cos Naomi does interviews whereas Moss doesn't.

Heard on a paper's review earlier that The Mirror is now saying she's on ketamine....wish they'd make up their f*ckin' minds...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Wertz wrote:
    As far as I'm aware that's all anyone's seen.
    To the gallows with the wench! :rolleyes:

BTW do a google image seacrh for kate+moss+cocaine....it leads to a solitary picture of Lindsay Lohan...obviously the real culprit in all this :D

Well she did apologise via press release, no? Hardly the words of someone who hasn't done drugs...

• Advertisement

Hell if I had a few millions worth of contracts on the line I'd be apologising for anything I was asked to as well.
    I've never said that she hasn't done coke or any other narcotic....I'm just saying that it's a witch hunt because of who she is and who she goes out with....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

alleepally wrote:
    No sympathy at all for the girl but what bugs me is that in a year or so she'll have a book out about her struggle to kick cocaine and how the low point for her was the picture on the Mirror and you know what's worse, there will be queues at gob****es at Easons waiting for her to sign the book when she does a book tour. :rolleyes:

Yes i was thinking that as well,no doubt in the next couple of years we'll see the release of a book probably titled something like "Kate Moss-My Cocaine Hell" and of course it'll sell extremly well and she'll be quids in.

I have absolutely no time for her,her behaviour has been appalling and even worse is her going out with an absolute wan**like Pete Doherty,what a complete mess he is,pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

eth0_ wrote:
    where he had an implant put in to stop him getting high off heroin

Sounds like something out of Neuromancer :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

There is no surprise that she takes drugs. Its the fashion buisness! Most of them take drugs! No surpirse there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

the sheer hypocrisy of the media and fashion industries is disgusting. If kate had sense she woul dtell them all to f**k off and spill the beans on what exactky the other models out there are up to.!!!
    The modelling industry and the drugs industry have been walking hand in hand for years now and Kate is being used as a scapegoat.
    I used to be a reader of the daily mirror but not anymore. How many of you know people out there who have kids and are doign drugs? Sadly there are plenty of them, there are plenty of heroin addicts too, and drug dealers. but you see exposing these kind of people wont sell millions of papers.
    Has anyone asked what exactly the reporter was doign at that party....id love to drug test th eentire staff of that paper.

kate a big girl, hat she does in her free time is her business

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

kate a big girl, hat she does in her free time is her business
    not when you're paid thousands of pounds to front your clients marketing campaigns and you know you'll be in the media spotlight.

• Advertisement

yes it is! Free time is time away from work she did this during a private session at a recording studio. She wasnt representing anyone at the time. wake up - do you know how many models snort coke at photo shoots????!! The modelling industry is built on looks and clothes not morals and political correctness. She didnt ask to be a rol emodel, she didnt go out there trying to set an example for anyone, the media just categorises people.

To be honest th eway I see it if you have the money and you want to snort coke or ketamine in privacy - work away not my business. Alchoholics are much more anti-socila than coke heads but of course its perfectly acceptablke to be an alchoholic.
    heroin is a far worse drug, why dont they just go after pete doherty instead why is it ok fo rhim to admit he is on heroin???!! is it because he had an implant so its ok??

yes it is! Free time is time away from work she did this during a private session at a recording studio. She wasnt representing anyone at the time. wake up - do you know how many models snort coke at photo shoots????!! The modelling industry is built on looks and clothes not morals and political correctness. She didnt ask to be a rol emodel, she didnt go out there trying to set an example for anyone, the media just categorises people.

To be honest th eway I see it if you have the money and you want to snort coke or ketamine in privacy - work away not my business. Alchoholics are much more anti-socila than coke heads but of course its perfectly acceptablke to be an alchoholic.
    heroin is a far worse drug, why dont they just go after pete doherty instead why is it ok fo rhim to admit he is on heroin???!! is it because he had an implant so its ok??
    First, calm down... and yes, I'm awake and work in the PR business so I do have experience of contractual relationsionships with my clients and "celebs".
    Free time is time away from work
    That doesnt mean you can indulge in illegal activities outside of a photoshoot.... and if the media get hold of it, you know you're in trouble.
    She didnt ask to be a rol emodel, she didnt go out there trying to set an example for anyone, the media just categorises people.
    She mightn't have asked to be a role model, but she has to accept that she *is* a role model to many. It's not something you say "nah, I dont want to be a role model". When you come into such a postion that she's in (one of the worlds best known supermodels) you have to accept this.
    its perfectly acceptablke to be an alchoholic.
    Name me one big name star with millions worth of marketing contracts that's an alcoholic?
    why dont they just go after pete doherty instead why is it ok fo rhim to admit he is on heroin???!! .
    Name me one company that currently has Pete as their face of their marketing campaign? He's always in the media for the wrong reasons anyway.

I know why you seem so annoyed at the hypocritical stance of the tabloids and I agree with you. But you have to realise it's a two-way game here. Without the tabloids, Kates fame wouldnt be near as big. And now they've turned on her. It's happened to so many celebs to list. One minute you're their darling... next they will print anything about you.
    That's really what it's all about. They dont care if she's a cokehead or not....they just want to sell their rag and they knew this story would sell.

Half of fleet street are cokeheads themselves anyway :rolleyes:

alcoholics - there loads. tara reid for one, charlotte church is as bad but thats seen as ok. my point is that if the media wants to aint someone as a role model - fine but then digging into their private life is out of bounds.

the journalist in question is no doubt a coke head so the irony is brilliant.
    i do not see a problem inanyone doing drugs so long as there not doing it in public, selling it to kids, stealing to feed a habit etc i dont see any harm in someone doing a few lines of coke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Blondie86Star

I think it was an important move for H&M and the others to drop her, I mean who wants a junkie representing them?

i think her goin to rehab is great, and prob the best career move she could have made, when she comes out 'clean' the amount of people that'll want her to represent em....

again thats an example of the hypocrisy of the fashion industry. If companies such as H & M dont want to represented by a model who is on drugs, maybe they should hire a representitive who is realistic ie slightly bigger than a size 6-8 and doesnt have razor sharp cheekbones???

all the companies want the skinniest , tallest models this is what has led to the drugs problem in the first place. dont get me wrong im a size 8 myself naturally but the models out there are stick thin, its becaome the industry norm and they are doign drugs to achieve it

• Advertisement

fine but then digging into their private life is out of bounds.
    and you used to read the Daily Mirror?? :rolleyes:
    It comes down to this - Kate Moss isnt just a model. She's a brand herself.
    The companies, like H&M, pay her good money so they can associate her with their own brands.
    There's hundreds of skinny stick insects in the modelling world. What they all aspire to be is "the next Kate Moss".
    As such, she's a one person brand and has to be wary of all her actions - whether in public or private.
    And as I mentioned before, if the tabloids call time for someone, you better batton down the hatches because their power and influence is just going to blow you under. (Look what they did to John Lesley. Far far worse in my opinion.)
    Kate will be fine - she's gone into rehab and needs a rest.
    She'll be back and will be as successful as ever.

How can anyone feel sorry for this skinny tart?There's loads of young birds who would love to be in her position and what does she do,f*ck herself up on coke and even worse date a junkie scumbag loser like Pete Doherty,f*ck the two of them i say they are welcome to each other :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Blondie86Star

Oh and I have absolutely no sympathy for her at all. She'a got the best position in the world, she's loades, has an amazing career and a beautiful daughter, and what does she do? go out wiht Peter doherty and become a cokehead.

I'm sure not that many have sympathies for junkies on the street, it was their choice to do what they did, so why are people having sympathy for a slapper like her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

FFS she snorted coke and it's her life. Yes it's illegal but so many people do coke these days and she's being made out as a scapegoat by the media and people on here. She had to lose her contracts due to image but people are looking for blood to satisfy their egos and that makes me sick more than anything. That's why my sympathy is with her. Leave her alone, she hasn't harmed any of us and let her live her life the way she wants to instead of constantly going on about it as if she invaded Poland FFS.

FFS she snorted coke and it's her life. Yes it's illegal but so many people do coke these days and she's being made out as a scapegoat by the media and people on here. She had to lose her contracts due to image but people are looking for blood to satisfy their egos and that makes me sick more than anything. That's why my sympathy is with her. Leave her alone, she hasn't harmed any of us and let her live her life the way she wants to instead of constantly going on about it as if she invaded Poland FFS.

Think your missing the point here mate,she's in the public eyeso your expected to behave in a certain manner and that doesn't mean being caught by a thrashy tabloid newspaper in New York with your junkie boyfriend snorting coke and doing whatever else,tough ****,if your in the public eye and you f*ck up then you've only yourself to blame,not to mention she is a role model for some teenage girls,although fu*k knows why any girl would wanna be like a skinny wrench like her then again some teenage girls think differently.

Advertisement