Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Style Record Player

Options
  • 22-09-2005 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone would know where to get a record player. My dad had loads of records in the attic but no record player. I would like to get him one for christmas

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

You can still pic one up in alot of places. Heres a link to pne in argos. Im sure you can get them in other places aswel http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=3801&productId=159980&clickfrom=name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Mungaman

Roches stores had a great little player sold as a seperate that can play 33/45/78 for €45 about five months ago. If you head down stairs in Roches in Henry street and ask in the electronics dept. I got one for a mate and its still going strong I think its a Bush if my memory serves me correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

As an aside, I remember my former manager telling me the following [true] story a few years ago:

My son was going on an on about something and I told him he sounded like a broken record. He looked at me and asked "what's a record?"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

My son was going on an on about something and I told him he sounded like a broken record. He looked at me and asked "what's a record?"

now that's crazy!

When I was in the US a couple of weeks ago I went to split rock lighthouse in Duluth, Minnesota. It's preseved and restored at the time its was built and used (late 1800's IIRC).

Anyway, they had a working edison phonograph, the type that played from cylindrical tubes. Its the one on the top right of the page. Was pretty cool to see it run, always amazes me how purley mechanical devices like that can produce sound, pretty loud too!

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Spinnaker

Hi Smiley

I've got one in my parents attic along with my LPs
    it does 33s,45. More of a "seperate" than a old record player i.e. plugs into your amp with audio leads

Good condition, reasonable brand but 120V (transformer euro17 Maplin) If you are interested, I'll check it out when next at home.... ?

Spin

• Advertisement
Advertisement