Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTR's EazyPass Rip Off

Options
  • 23-09-2005 9:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Despite the savings that NTR make from customers using EazyPass (not having to pay staff to take cash, faster throughput of traffic, etc.) EazyPass customers are charged a monthly fee of €1.21. On querying this with NTR, I was told it was "an insurance and admin charge".

Looks like yet another example of NTR ripping off their customers and the motoring public!

I have asked NTR to explain to me why EazyPass customers are penalised for using the more cost-efficient system and why we are singled out for this charge (probably because they have our credit card numbers and can just take it but I'll reserve judgement on that until I receive their reply!!).

Insurance and admin are overheads that every business has so it is unreasonable to single out EazyPass customers for what is a completely bogus charge as far as I am concerned.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 DaBull

NTR's reply is simply that the charge is included in the (4,679 word) terms and conditions on their website. They do not bother to justify it.

This is clearly a case of NTR taking advantage of having their customer's credit card numbers and inventing a bogus charge as an excuse to help themselves to our money! This is another reason for the government to put an end to NTR's ongoing abuse of their monopoly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Yeah I was a bit miffed at having to pay this "insurance and admin charge" although fully aware of it. Insurance should be an optional charge. I would have prefered to buy the box outright and its then up to me to look after it etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Let Senator Shane Ross know!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭useeme

Its a fact, it costs more to use easypass.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Its a fact, it costs more to use easypass.
    If it is a fact then I am sure you will have no problems posting up the information that shows it. It's not that I don't believe you, it just seems to go against common sense.

MrP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭rondjon

MrPudding wrote:
    If it is a fact then I am sure you will have no problems posting up the information that shows it. It's not that I don't believe you, it just seems to go against common sense.MrP

Did you read the top of this post at all?
    DaBull wrote:
    EazyPass customers are charged a monthly fee of €1.21. On querying this with NTR, I was told it was "an insurance and admin charge".

So, if you're not an Eazypass user, you're not paying this extra charge at all.

Just for completeness, here is the details of the extra charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

rondjon wrote:
    Did you read the top of this post at all?

So, if you're not an Eazypass user, you're not paying this extra charge at all.

Just for completeness, here is the details of the extra charges.
    I understand all that, I know it is a rip off. I have misread his post. For some reason I though he meant that it was more expensive for NTR to run and that was why it cost us more.

My apologises. I'll get me coat.

MrP

Advertisement