Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAP State of Emergency / Reign of Terror

• 23-09-2005 9:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭

There have been several complaints about the lack of moderation in this forum from several quaters.

There will be at least one new mod appointed soon.

In the meantime, as an emergency measure, I'm going to be spending more time looking at this forum in my S-Mod capacity.

I don't much like this forum. There's something on boards.ie for everyone, and this isn't one of the bits that are for me.

Guess how much patience I'm going to have with any **** during my reign of terror?

Expect me to be arbitrary, fickle and generally a total prick until things are sorted out more appropriately.

Expect me to ban on very light grounds.

Expect me to not unban, but to leave that until the new moderator is appointed and they can sort it out.

Expect anyone who has a problem with it to be banned also.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

List of bans for the new moderator to decide on when s/he is appointed:
    • rb_ie [thread=302670]this thread[/thread]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Here here!

Necessity for a "Mega Tallie" Magic Card perhaps? :)

Ry

It is imperative that we defeat the rebels before the start of the rainy season.

Also a shiny new donkey to whoever brings me the head of... simu, what are you doing in my throne room, and where did you get that angry mob?

Ah, I see. Normal service is resuming I see, and I've to go off and burn documentary evidence of abuses during my reign.

How nice. I ban loads of people and this is the first (serious) time I was thanked.

(15:07:39) rbie: Thanks for the ban
    (15:07:47) Talliesin: You're welcome.
    (15:08:06) rbie: Not a bit harsh no?Considering that post wasn't directed at anyone in particular
    (15:08:31) Talliesin: What part of "Reign of Terror" do you not understand?
    (15:08:55) rbie: Oh I understand fully
    (15:09:04) Talliesin: Great.
    (15:09:06) rbie: but where I'm coming from, the new Mod won't unban me
    (15:09:15) Talliesin: That's the new mod's choice.
    (15:09:31) rbie: Couldn't change it to a one week ban perhaps?
    (15:10:01) Talliesin: The length of ban awarded for being an unbearable prick is up to simu now.
    (15:10:20) rbie: I didn't know that was a reason for banning
    (15:10:29) Talliesin: It was.
    (15:10:46) rbie: simu's the new mod?
    (15:10:54) Talliesin: She is.
    (15:11:04) rbie: That's cool
    (15:11:12) Talliesin: There's a note that the new mod has to reconsider your case.
    (15:11:31) Talliesin: This IRC conversation will be added to it also, I think people will find it amusing.
    (15:11:44) rbie: That's fine
    (15:12:21) rbie: By people you mean Ry
    (15:12:36) Talliesin: I'm busy today so I've no time for actually thinking up amusing stuff for the more funny boards
    (15:13:01) rbie: What a pity
    (15:13:54) Talliesin: Yeah it sucks.
    (15:14:03) rbie: I'd say so
    (15:14:41) rbie: At least someone took charge over that forum
    (15:15:01) Talliesin: I could be flirting outrageously in the Cuckoo's Nest thread and here I am talking to you instead.
    (15:15:18) Talliesin: Which really isn't that much more a productive use of my time so I'm going to stop now.
    (15:15:21) Talliesin: Bye.
    (15:15:26) rbie: Bye.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Talliesin wrote:

Also a shiny new donkey to whoever brings me the head of... simu
    Deal! I'll meet you on monday with the goods.

Anywho congratz to our new overlord Simu \o \o/ o/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Was that irc log meant to be funny?

Ah no, don't be quoting me out of context that way. I don't want simu's head.

Unless maybe it's still attached to her and you keep nesf busy.

Or bring me nesf and keep simu busy, either's good.

Sangre wrote:
    Was that irc log meant to be funny?
    Yes. It depends on whether you'd been party to other conversations though.

We don't really need this thread any more. Once simu's read it she can delete it.

I propose we just Spam the heck out of it until she does.

I'm not really a fashion type you see. Except occasionally by accident when I do something like shave my head and then the next week a footballer (the one that's married to the spice girl) does the same thing and then it's fashionable.

And wasn't it Coco Chanel who said "Fashion fades, only style remains". Who can argue with that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

to the nest, Batman!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

*cue cheesy music*

/me punches rb_ie

((( FAP )))

((( Bam! )))

((( ZAP! )))

*see what I done there?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

_40066770_batman_300.jpg2.jpg

VERY WELL,just let me collect the new addition to our failing show.

batdog.jpg

Yes, lets leave simu with a big Cuckoo's Nest thread when she gets here :)

indeeed it is the only manly thing to do so as to test out her modding ability.

/me tenses muscles in a manly way.
    musclead.jpg

Yes. Of course, she can ban you and can't ban me.

/me ducks in case amp spots him abusing smod powers.

i think i will have a brief chat with her before she notices your wondorous thread...it should go something like this :)
    333.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Wow I got a personal mention in IRC. Shucks! :p

Hey I just noticed exactly the same thing Talliesin did with the "unbearable prick" thing. I'm glad it was agreed on by powers that be :)

Congrats to Simu by the way , I hope she'll also sees talliesin's point for banishment of "subject A". Jolly good show :)

Ry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

rb_ie stays banned for a fortnight.

And this thread dies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement