Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

US: Walt's "speech"

• 23-09-2005 10:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭

So someone made a clip of what Walt said and reversed the audio, then YTMNDed it.

http://waltreversed.ytmnd.com/

I make "Press the button, no, button's bad." Anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

I agree but disagree with your placment of punctuation..

My take on it:
    "Press the button, no button's bad".
    This would say to press any button.....

You're posting would say that the button about to be pressed is bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,989 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I thought it was, Don't press the button, the button is bad. But it seems it's to be "Press the button, no button's bad."

Ah! It's "Press the button, Don't buttons bad."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

maybe the others want jack to press the execute button in the hatch but walt is trying to stop him

maybe shannon isnt the only one to see walt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

But if its backwards, how the frick is everyone supposed to know anything about a button when he talks to them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

see the shining or twin peaks or even the simpsons

• Advertisement

Well, i have seen the shinig and that was far more obvious. Its not like shannon recorded Walt, and can then somehow work out what he meant! Not everybody who watches lost reads about it on the net, eg some people i know, so how would they know about what he said?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

But if its backwards, how the frick is everyone supposed to know anything about a button when he talks to them?

Maybe he's speaking through a mirror or something weird and freaky like that....I don't know...
    :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

that kind of freaked me out a bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

If someone is near death in Walts case drowning the out of body experience is alleged to be a mirror so if you ever have one you will speak to others backwards.

Im guessing he jumps in the water to escape and thus gets wet, im convinced forwards he says "i answer to noone i answer to her" Which could be Danielles daughter Alex who threw the grenade onto the raft.

Assuming she has some specialness which is needed for the experiments on the island.

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    "i answer to noone i answer to her" Which could be Danielles daughter Alex who threw the grenade onto the raft.

Assuming she has some specialness which is needed for the experiments on the island.

kdjac

Where are you getting that alex naded the raft?

If it was, gg alex.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

Modedit: Serious upcoming spoiler perhaps maybe... best not to take chances

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Lantis wrote:
    So someone made a clip of what Walt said and reversed the audio, then YTMNDed it.

http://waltreversed.ytmnd.com/

I make "Press the button, no, button's bad." Anyone else?

That's what I make of it too. Pretty cool to have that knowledge even though it refers to nothing specific yet. (Maybe the 'Execute' button on the 80s style computer?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭dr strangelove

Sarah perhaps?
    strange..... that really does look like her!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Wow... it definitely does. The plot thickens....

Does anyone know what OS what terminal is running....???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

KdjaC wrote:
    Im guessing he jumps in the water to escape and thus gets wet, im convinced forwards he says "i answer to noone i answer to her" Which could be Danielles daughter Alex who threw the grenade onto the raft.
    I thought that too when I watched it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Peace wrote:
    Does anyone know what OS what terminal is running....???
    I'd imagine a fictional one from a fantasy tv program...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Earwig Eddie

going a little off topic but with regard to the above spoiler:
    decided to watch the last episode of S1 before watching S2E1. so i watched them back to back and think i may have spotted sarahs fiance lad on that boat aswell, any photoshop gurus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 RawrLostzilla

Dont press the button, the button is bad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

To me it sounded like
    Press the button, no buttons bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭sephirosis

lol i cant say i've listened to it backwards yet, but listening to it forward it sounds very like "i have some milks on, milk spun"

anyway it would be good if it is "no button is bad" and relates to that "execute" button. btw was it actually standard to have an "execute" button on computer keyboards back then?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭phileeoonskee

I have a different sound file fronm a different site. You get to hear it until somone says shutup! (havn't seen 2x1 yet (IRL)) The clip you're all listening to starts to late. This one sounds like
    Don't press the Button, Don'tButton's bad.!PUTUHS. Be careful the last bit is realy loud, and if you're already freaked out you'll get super messed up.

http://www.lost.cubit.net/audio
    Enjoy :D

Thats Sayid shouting "Shannon", i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭phileeoonskee

Thats Sayid shouting "Shannon", i think.
    Oh thanks. Like i said i haven't seen series 2 yet. I heard that we might have to wait til January here in ireland. But that's talk for a different thread.

Advertisement