Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony NAS-CZ1

• 23-09-2005 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hi

Just noticed that the Sony shop are selling the new Sony NAS-CZ1 Network Audio System for €305.00. Looks very interesting. Anybody bought or seen one in action?

Thanks

Paul

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Ru

pastor wrote:
    Hi

Just noticed that the Sony shop are selling the new Sony NAS-CZ1 Network Audio System for €305.00. Looks very interesting. Anybody bought or seen one in action?

Thanks

Paul

I'm buying one for myself, and looking forward to it too.
    Ironically i work in one of the Sony Centre's and i've had a chance to tinker with it. And here's the truth.
    Looks great, sound deadly but using it with a computer is........... well it's just painfull to setup and the controls are a nightmare to use, but still worth it
    The good thing is that it's compatible with i-Tunes or windows media player.
    In the new year you'll be able to buy it with a wireless adaptor, but you can buy it separately later.

Hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭uzami

thinking about it myself too.

it's €250 from pixmania

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Helmet

Ru wrote:
    I'm buying one for myself, and looking forward to it too.
    Ironically i work in one of the Sony Centre's and i've had a chance to tinker with it. And here's the truth.
    Looks great, sound deadly but using it with a computer is........... well it's just painfull to setup and the controls are a nightmare to use, but still worth it
    The good thing is that it's compatible with i-Tunes or windows media player.
    In the new year you'll be able to buy it with a wireless adaptor, but you can buy it separately later.

Hope this helps

Hello there, I got a NAS CZ1 from Santy. I've connected the bad boy up to my laptop using both the network cable supplied and a crossover cable. It's registering on the LAN but I can't get the unit to recognise a server on the laptop, it should be able to synch with itunes and the M-Crew server supplied but it just keeps telling me that there's no server. Please help before my brain melts!!!

Helmet wrote:
    Hello there, I got a NAS CZ1 from Santy. I've connected the bad boy up to my laptop using both the network cable supplied and a crossover cable. It's registering on the LAN but I can't get the unit to recognise a server on the laptop, it should be able to synch with itunes and the M-Crew server supplied but it just keeps telling me that there's no server. Please help before my brain melts!!!

I haven't had a chance to hook mine up to the LAN yet.
    However i have hooked one up before and it worked fine!!
    The only suggestions i can come up with right now are:
    1) Make sure your windows firewall is turned off.
    If you have no firewall software try ZoneAlarm, it's free and it works.
    2) If you are using any other firewall software try disabling it before connecting, just to eliminate the problem. If it works without the firewall you know where the problem is.
    3) If your have Windows Service Pack 2 installed you will have to assign your IP manually. I've always had problems with Automatic (DHCP) IP's with SP2 and i personally prefer Manual.

I'll have a play around over the next few days and let ye know how i get on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

did anyone get this working im trying to set it up on my wireless network with very little success it seems to be able to coneec t to my wifi card on my pc and stream the audio but i cant connect it to my router to access webradio . anyone got any suggestions

cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 midwest

Hi,
    nearly bald now trying to get the NAS-CZ1 media server to keep the wireless connection going. managed to get it to find MCREW server and MusicMatc juckbox but only for a few seconds then the server losses contact. THis is continuously happening. Also managed to find an albulm and track on home PC, but no audio could be heardon CS1 (same no audio problem for Web radio).
    has anyone else found same unstable problem or solution yet ?
    /midwest

I finally got the time to attempt to get this baby up and running.
    Firstly I’m not using it wirelessly so this won’t be good news to most of ye.

I just plugged it into the router which was set for DHCP (contrary to my previous advice) and it worked. I set it to look for a server and it found it in 10 seconds.
    :eek: The instructions actually worked, I couldn’t believe it!:eek:

The one issue is that it won’t come up in the “equipment list” so I’m a little worried it’ll fail to work the next time I really need it……..but it is a Sony after all…so it’s never going to work 100%

:D I also have VAIO Media too and I can now access WEB Radio through my amp which is an unexpected bonus.:D

Advertisement