Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polenta

• 23-09-2005 1:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I'd like to try this, but I can't find it in my local supermarket. Is it specialty enough that I'd only find in certain places? I've looked in the pasta section, but without knowing what it even looks like (is it in packets, jars, boxes) I'm kinda flapping in the wind

Can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You should get it in a box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Polenta is basically cornmeal.
    It comes in cellophane packs from healthfood stores, or little boxes from upmarket delis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭dalk

Superquinn stock it...

You can usually find it hanging out with the couscous and arborio rice...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Most polenta you buy in a supermarket is the instant type that requires little boiling. Beware of buying the stuff from some speciality shops that takes half an hour of tender nurturing and stirring over a low heat on your first attempt.

Don't forget the secret to good polenta is lashings of parmesan and butter for wet polenta, no fat for polenta you wish to cool and grill. It needs quite a good amount of seasoning, don't skimp on the black pepper.

Advertisement