Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharing a printer over wireless

• 23-09-2005 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

I just got an eircom broadband wireless router linked to my desktop pc with winxp sp2, I have a hp inkjet usb printer hooked up to the pc, I have a laptop with xp sp2 and builtin wireless and it works very well on the broadband, I am trying to share the hp printer with the laptop but I am not sure how to go about this, I shared the printer on the PC and installed its driver on the laptop but I cannot find it on the laptop, I am a complete newbie on this and would apreciate any help and advice I can get.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

On the laptop, go to the printers section of control panel. Select Add new printer and the wizard starts. Select Network printer and Next, then select the 2nd option and click next without typing anything in the box. This should bring up a browse list. You should be able to see your shared printer here.

If this doesn't work, then something is wrong. It should work though.

Advertisement