Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a new PSP and the dead pixel issue

• 23-09-2005 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

As I have been saying in a different thread, I have had 2 PSP's now with dead pixels. Both from were from Xtravision and now they are giving me a full refund.

I will buy another PSP, but I'm not going to accept any dead pixels.

I was just wondering if anyone knows of a place to buy a PSP where they will let you check for any dead pixels before you buy? Or a place that will immediately replace a PSP with even one dead pixel?

I know I'm asking a lot here, but dammit when I spend that much money on something I want it to be perfect.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

game will, as will xtravision. tell them about your woe's (if you bought from xtravision before they might remember you) and ask if you can have a look before you take it home. if it's got dead pixels then just ask for another and look for that. in the end they'd be getting shipped back to sony if they're damaged anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Got mine in Harrods with no dead pixels tested it in the store :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

what are the chances of the PSP developing dead pixels down the line? Are you more or less out of the woods one month in if you have none or one or two?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

A couple of lads on the board said that it did develop a few dead-pixels in a month or two, but it won't happen to most people.

Advertisement