Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Death Machine

• 23-09-2005 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone else seen this movie? It's one of my favourite movies ever, but its relatively unknown in most circles.

Its, on a basic level, a movie about eco-terrorists invading the massive futurisitic building of a huge multinational corporation called the Chaank Armaments Corporation. The reason for this is that Chaank is in the public eye under suspicsion to be involved in manufacturing illegal weapons that feature promiently in atrocities and genocide around the world. Its a bleak, futuristic setting, as is the norm for alot of sci-fi movies from the late eighties/early ninties.

However, in a sealed section known as Vault 10, there is an advanced weapon created by the eccentric and bizarre weapons designers at Chaank known as Dante (Brad Dourif, LOTR). Opening the vault, unaware of what lies within, unwittingly lets loose this weapon upon the building, in which the terrorists then have to evade and escape from with the aid of a high ranking but innocent Chaank Director.

The weapon in question happens to be a sleek and advanced killer cyborg that is built to kill and maim. Its only weapons are its titanium frame and twin sets of razor blades attached to its arms. It moves extremely fast, can crash through concrete and metal, and is very agile with advanced computer systems, apparently feeding on fear of enemies. It is called the Warbeast, or Frontline Morale Destroyer.

Its a classic bit of sci-fi from the Director of Blade, Stephen Norrington. It's quite low budget, with obvious inspirations from movies such as Robocop and Terminator, but I think its fantastic and its quite a cult movie in some countries, especially German believe it or not, as well as Japan which got a deluxe extended and remastered laser disc edition of the movie which cannot be gotten anywhere else in the world.

I have a tattered VHS copy and Pal DVD. I found the tape in the bottom of a bargin bin in a really rural village's shop/video store about 4 years ago. 2 Euro.

One of my favourite movies ever. I think at the moment its 9.99 on Amazon....if you love 80's Sci-Fi like Robocop, this one won't let you down.

Out of 5 friends I showed it to, 3 thought it was amazing and 2 thought it was the biggest load of horse **** ever. So, any opinions?

70175.htmls.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Ooooooooooooooooo, this sounds like one of those brilliant, hidden gems that one comes across about once every year or two. I'll be pickin' this baby up. Thanks. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

yep, it was on eof those movies that was always staring at me when i worked in extravision so eventually i rented it, it was pretty cool in a cheesy way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i'll have to take a gander at that. looks interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Seeing that cover brought back memories. I remember seein that film in a friends house one afternoon as a kid. Can't recall anything about the film but I probably thought it was the best thing ever at the time seeing as those sorts of film were all I was interested in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Kazujo

I remember renting it years ago it was cool.

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=R2&title=478364&p=57&g=72&pa=sr

£5.99 pretty good deal for the cheesy goodness.

• Advertisement
Advertisement