Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Critical Perceptions of Reality TV in Irish Print Media

• 23-09-2005 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi Kids,

I'm just about to start my thesis "Critical Perceptions of Reality TV in Irish Print Media", basically it'll be about the issue of working-class vs. middle class perceptions of Reality TV, based on articles I'm going to take from the Irish Independent and The Irish Star. I hope to address the kind of snobbery I guess, where the Indo would report on Big Brother for example, and then deride it in its columnist pages - whereas The Star would report on it (theoretically) without judgement on the audience of the show. I hope that makes at least a bit of sense!

Anyway, I'd be really interested to hear any feedback that you guys might have - any articles, or pointers you think might be good?
    Thanks a lot.

Comments

Advertisement