Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Neville Adds to Fergie's Defensive Woes.

• 23-09-2005 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭

Manchester United defender Gary Neville has been ruled out of action for a minimum of six weeks after undergoing groin surgery. Heinze is already out for the rest of the season.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭horseflesh

I don't believe this.......
    We had our only transfer window (in work) last weekend and I decided to keep him in because his return seemed iminent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

More good news for John O'Shea. Now 150% guaranteed a place until November.

The United defence seem to be doing grand without Neville anyway. Its in attack that they're having problems - due to their boring defensive tactics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭EFC-4eva

Gives Sven another Headache as well, yay!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Lemlim, you might not notice it, but Neville is a huge element of Uniteds attack.
    He is the best crosser of the ball in the United team, and has gotten incredibly good at it. He gives quality balls into the box and bombs up the wing all the time, wing backs attacking well is an essential part of a 4-3-3.
    His injury conincides with our "loss" in form.

Richardson however does bomb up the wing, and O'shea can at times, so it'll be interesting to see two young guns in the wing back positions.

His injury conincides with our "loss" in form.

Well then I'm all for him being injured because I'm no United fan. I think that United's loss in form has more to do with them playing some decent sides though.

I have a feeling they'll return to form against Blackburn today (although I'm hoping not) and Fulham next weekend because they are poorer sides. Man City and Liverpool are not bad sides, hence United's drawn games.

I'm hoping for a 0-0 draw like last season in the game today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Yeh I agree, two draws against Derby teams isn't a hugely bad result.
    I however expect us to beat Blackburn and beat them well.
    Also expecting Scholes to finally get on the scoresheet again

Blackburn will be playing 5-4-1 today, I'd imagine. Therefore United will have it hard to break them down. I think you're looking at 1-0 or 2-0 rather than 4-0.

I'm still holding out for a 0-0 like last season though! The United midfielders will only be too aware of Mokoena and the damage he can do too.

Pissed myself laughing last year when the 'man who plays on the edge' Rooney pulled out a tackle with him because he was scared ****less!

Guess he thought they don't call him the hacksaw in South Africe for nothing!

Btw, when did Liverpool vs. Man Utd become a derby? They're both in two entirely different cities. Blackburn vs. Man Utd is actually a derby. Blackburn's only down the road from Manchester.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Isn't Real-Barca considered a Derby too?

ManYoo - Liverpool is a "Derby Type" game because of the rivalry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭SteM

It's be classed as a northwest derby by some.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭horseflesh

seansouth wrote:
    Isn't Real-Barca considered a Derby too?

Barcelona v Madrid is known as "El Classico", but technically is no more a derby than Arsenal-United has been for the last few years.

• Advertisement

For a game to be a derby teams have to be from the same city or county eg. London derbies between Arsenal and Tottenham or Fulham and West Ham.

Liverpool and Man Utd are from two different cities so that is not a derby. United's derby games would be against Bolton, Blackburn, Preston and Man City.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭tetsujin1979

horseflesh wrote:
    Barcelona v Madrid is known as "El Classico", but technically is no more a derby than Arsenal-United has been for the last few years.
    It's also known as "El Derby" which can cause confusion

Advertisement