Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up MCE for NTL Digital

Options
  • 23-09-2005 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭

I can't find the old MCE thread without the search tool so am posting a new thread.

I have just had my NTL digital installed and am wondering how I should best connect it to my MCE machine.

I have a Hauppage PVR 500MCE TV tuner and this takes in a coax or s-video signal, and it also has 3 separate connections - one yellow, one white, one red - is this component or composite?

My NTL Pace set-top box says DV3 on the front, and the label says Model No.:DC221KN. I can't tell if it can output s-video, but would the component, composite connection yield a better or worse picture?

Basically I'd appreciate any advice on what connectors/convertors and cables I need - I don't want to spend over €100.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I have the Hauppauge PVR250 with the same connectors. I am using it with Sky Digital (Scart output).

I have a bit of a contived setup (Sky->Digisender->Digisender->Hauppauge) but if the PC was beside the Sky box, I would be using a SCART->RCA cable. This is a SCART lead on one end with the yellow, red, white connectors at the other end

I have found s-video to be pretty crappy quality, especially when put into my projector. I got a cable that does s-video to composite (goes into the yellow connector on the Hauppauge). The SCART lead gives the best results.

Advertisement