Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happened to the whats new section in Eurogamer?

Options
  • 23-09-2005 5:29pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,402 CMod ✭✭✭✭

...and where do I complain about it's absence. This is the second week that it hasn't been back. Is there anywhere else that does the weekly releases since this was where I went to find out the releases on Friday.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

LOL went there about 10 minutes ago looking for it been missing a while now.

Its like the bible as to whats in the shops today
    kdjac

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Retr0gamer wrote:
    ...and where do I complain about it's absence.

Possably here, or here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,402 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

And I'm lost without my bible. It's great because you don't miss any obscurities especially because some shops don't stock some games. I still remember getting told that Ikaruga doesn't exist by Smyths staff on its release date. Had to go to Game and not get 10% off.

Yeah, I love those staff who insist that something only exists, or is only released, in your mind, when it would be just as simple to say ‘we don’t have it’.

I’d a good laugh recently when, on the phone, an Xtra-vision staff member came close to arguing with me that the price for the 360 would not be released until weeks before its launch, when it had been released a few days before hand.

Now I don’t expect staff of any game store to know everything, I don’t even expect then to keep up with industry news, but for **** sake could they stop the bull ****?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

monument wrote:
    Yeah, I love those staff who insist that something only exists, or is only released, in your mind, when it would be just as simple to say ‘we don’t have it’.

I’d a good laugh recently when, on the phone, an Xtra-vision staff member came close to arguing with me that the price for the 360 would not be released until weeks before its launch, when it had been released a few days before hand.

Now I don’t expect staff of any game store to know everything, I don’t even expect then to keep up with industry news, but for **** sake could they stop the bull ****?

If you already knew the price of it why bother inquire ?

• Advertisement

Tusky wrote:
    If you already knew the price of it why bother inquire ?

For this . The retailer Game were, at the time at least, offering pre-orders on the general euro price, I just wanted to see what the on-the-ground story with all retailers was – turns out it was hazy.

Advertisement