Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google: Remove result

Options
  • 23-09-2005 6:30pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if it's webmastery enough, but Google just this second added "remove result" functionality to their search results, which is bloody handy. Just appeared in a session of mine. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

excuse my ignorance but how is it handy?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I assume it prevents a result from appearing again, which I'd find very useful as I do a lot of technical searching and get a lot crufty results that will never be of use. I also do a lot of product searching, and hopefully it'll be improved to allow you to remove entire sites from your results, like the "product review" sites - pricegrabber, kelkoo, etc - that exist solely to push you to eatilers for affiliate fees.

Can't test now though, it's gone again.

Ken Shabby wrote:
    Explanation...

Ah, so it's a bit of a personalisation thing, that might be handy alright, wasn't sure if it was a sort of remove your site from appearing in google altogether sort of dealy...
    Ken Shabby wrote:
    Can't test now though, it's gone again.

Ha! And their motto is don't be evil, well that's just downright teasingly evil, like sticking a five euro note into the g-string of a lapdancer, only to pull it out with the string you strategically tied to it.

<edit>Just noticed my sig! YES MUPPET IS BACK!!!</edit>

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

How ironic it would be if you used a string from a g-string for that purpose!

Ken Shabby wrote:
    How ironic it would be if you used a string from a g-string for that purpose!

;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement