Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Automatic sniping and security...

• 23-09-2005 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭

I've read many posts both here and elsewhere with people gloating over using sniping services to win auctions....personally I prefer to do my own sniping, but a week or so back I googled some sniping services and noticed that most all of them seem to want you to enter your eBay handle and pword so that their servers can automate the bidding.

Now as so many people use these I'm sure any security holes would be apparent....but I have a huge problem with divulging my deatils like that to some random URL that google turned up.
    I'd hate for my account to get hacked using this info and used to defraud other users....so my question is, is this a possibility? What are some trustworthy services (and how long have you been using them)? Are there any standalone applications (like bots) that can do this from your own connection?
    I hate the whole sniping phenomenon but if you can't beat em, join em as the old saying goes...

Comments

Advertisement