Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ripwave

Options
  • 23-09-2005 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

ok heres the story..
    ordered ripwave from ibb on the 2nd of sept,,16th still no sign of of the modem! called them up and they said they had messed up the order,,the guy said if i wanted i could pick up a modem myself i could get one in (Beyond 2000) it's on chatham st, dublin, i thought fine! i cancelled my orignal order and headed into town,picked up the modem 24.99 per month, brought it home (sorted) ripwave workin fine for me....arrived home today and find another modem has just been delivered hmm! so i check my credit card online....and find ibb has debited my account for the second modem..Grrrr..
    have to wait till monday to talk to sales...an another thing! i paid 3 months upfront in the shop 75.euro.....it now turns out that they have reduced ripwave to 18.95 per month........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

rip wave was 18.95 for the last month mate

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sohappy

o their so gonna get it on monday ...fu**ers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Not trying to hijack this thread.
    I signed up to ripwave in August for €24.99 per month. Will Irish broadband reduce my direct debit or will I have to call to make sure that they do.

I'm sure this affects loads of other boards users.

if i were u mate i'd call first thing monday...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

sohappy wrote:
    i paid 3 months upfront in the shop 75.euro.....it now turns out that they have reduced ripwave to 18.95 per month........

I got ripwave in Beyond 2000 last week and I paid just under 80 euro, thats for four months in advance. I brought it back for a refund a few days later though, because it's crap.

Don't even give them a chance. They're f*cking you around already.

If you have to get wireless try ClearWire or Digiweb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

eth0_ wrote:
    I got ripwave in Beyond 2000 last week and I paid just under 80 euro, thats for four months in advance. I brought it back for a refund a few days later though, because it's crap.

Don't even give them a chance. They're f*cking you around already.

If you have to get wireless try ClearWire or Digiweb.

im going for digiweb, metro plus soon, but im currently running a web server off a ripwave modem, which is quite funny, the ripwave service around my area has gone good over the last week, but knowing IBB it will be down soon.

oh and im testing the server, i have no heavy traffic, so its cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

Cant believe peolpe are still going for that IBB crap!

i never knew you could just go in to said shop and get one, when ripwave went crap for me i got the bt bb+ and gave the ripwave to my sis, but she didnt use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭sisyphus

Not trying to hijack this thread.
    I signed up to ripwave in August for €24.99 per month. Will Irish broadband reduce my direct debit or will I have to call to make sure that they do.

I'm sure this affects loads of other boards users.

I think they're crediting everyone the €6 difference, as the price drop only came into effect this month. It should be €18 from now on.

sohappy wrote:
    ok heres the story..
    ordered ripwave from ibb on the 2nd of sept,,16th still no sign of of the modem! called them up and they said they had messed up the order,,the guy said if i wanted i could pick up a modem myself i could get one in (Beyond 2000) it's on chatham st, dublin, i thought fine! i cancelled my orignal order and headed into town,picked up the modem 24.99 per month, brought it home (sorted) ripwave workin fine for me....arrived home today and find another modem has just been delivered hmm! so i check my credit card online....and find ibb has debited my account for the second modem..Grrrr..
    have to wait till monday to talk to sales...an another thing! i paid 3 months upfront in the shop 75.euro.....it now turns out that they have reduced ripwave to 18.95 per month........

update....well after 2 months of email ibb tell me they are sorry but they wont be refunding my 18.95...(by the way most of my emails were deleted off their system without being read) so then i mailed Comreg with my story...and hey presto i get a mail from ibb telling me they are sorry for the misunderstanding...and refunded the money shortly after..RESULT...

the moral of the story is COMPLAIN..COMPLAIN..COMPLAIN,,UNTIL SOMEONE LISTENS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,DONT LET THE F***ERS AWAY WITH IT..

• Advertisement

or send a letter to comreg after 2emails ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

If only they could do this with €ircon :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DBP

does anyone know where to find the Snuffit extraction software that is needed to open the Ripwave software for Mac's - simply can't install without it and Navini site doesn't have it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 iwantbb

I think it's a misprint and it should be stuffit, I've just downloaded this and am going home to try it out. They have a free expansion download. The url is : http://www.stuffit.com/mac/expander/download.html

Fingers crossed!!!

Nice dig there. :)

Advertisement