Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer anyone?

Options
  • 23-09-2005 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey, anyone interested in playing soccer for the craic? Or indoor basketball....not sure about where, but we could get something started :eek:

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=302660

hmm i would like basketball either,playing for my secondary school was good fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

I'd be very much up for boards.ie soccer!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

We played a game up in one of Salthill Devon's cages, twas excellent, but alot of trouble to get to.

Anyone care to suggest an all-weather venue? Or even a hall for some indoor kickabout?

Why not just pick a field on a nice day? Doesn't have to be professional, after all I'm sure some of us are **** like me.

We could check up on the cost of renting a community centre and stuff like that. We could also just go down to the Claddagh and have a big boards kickabout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Devon's cages are soo good to play in. Good fun, bout a fiver each :)

I'd suggest the Arus in Salthill for indoor soccer, bit small but you know. Also the GMIT hall is easily bookable for free :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

JUST DO IT!!!!

Lord, I am humorous! I'm up for a bit of a boot about at GMIT, or wherever.

(Just don't put me in goals, i'll kill all your loved ones, if you do!!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭dannyd20

I'd be on for soccer any weekday evening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Any word on this? Judging by the weather in Galway today I think we'll be wanting to stick with an indoor venue.

I play every tuesday night out in Drom (Salthill Devon). Before Xmas we were regularly getting 10 or 12 bods to play but since we've only been getting 8 or 9. So if any of yis fancy a game on a tuesday night 7-8 pm me your number and I can chalk ya down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

is this a sign up for a long term contract (!) usually workin or swimmin on tuesdays

nah no contract.:rolleyes: The way things work at the moment is I have a list of numbers of people who might play. I usually send a txt on the monday evening or tuesday morning to see who wants to play. Whoever replies gets a game. There's about 6 regulars who never miss a game but the rest just play when it suits.

A cage in Drom costs €50 for the hour so the cost is split between whoever turns up.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I can't make it out to Drom.
    I had more of a casual 'few ppl belting a soft ball around a hall for an hour' thing in mind to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

I'd be up for what Syxpak had in mind, don't really fell like going to the Drom every Tuesday...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

DRakE wrote:
    Also the GMIT hall is easily bookable for free
    Seemed like the best sugestion.
    I could be biased tho:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

I'd be up for a bit of footy. What about the NUIG hall? That's a pretty sweet place to play.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I'd be game for a, eh, game. Although I am bit of a donkey with a first touch that makes Carsten Janker look like Besty.

Can we play "real football"? With boardsies dressed as medieval villagers, chasing a pigs bladder?

only if you get boardsie women to dress like medieval villagers as well ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Demeant0r wrote:
    only if you get boardsie women to dress like medieval villagers as well ;)
    There are no women on the internet. They were abolished in 2001 to free up some space.

Demeant0r wrote:
    only if you get boardsie women to dress like medieval villagers as well

Grr I would be up for scantly clad medieval maidens playing soccer:)
    Either side of town I dont mind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Id be interested in indoor soccer but who wants to step up to the plate and organise it

I can organise the GMIT hall easly but not the NUIG. If people dont mind coming over here then I can probably organise something after the 25 or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

I know a couple of more lads in GMIT who will play

So any news on this? I would love to play a couple of hours a week as I haven't had a lot of excercise lately :p

Advertisement