Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

US: Sky Effectively/partly Ruins Season 1

• 23-09-2005 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭

well, maybe a bit of an over-statement, but while browsing the channels earlier today, I came across a program on Sky one, I didn't catch the full name.. but it was shortened to ET which I guess means entertainment tonight or something.. anyway, it was a general entertainment show, going through various new films and celebrity gossip, then as I was about to change the channel, they started to talk about Lost and the sucess it has had in America. It ran a segment on the season 2 premier in Honolulu with brief interviews with the cast saying how happy they were that the show was doing well in the UK

Then, a clip from "Man of Science, Man of Faith" popped up...

it was
    the conversation that Hurley had with Jack near the start

Hurley: Life's not so bad, sure, the others are coming to like, eat us all and every once in a while, someone blows up all over you etc..

and I thought that was a bit spoilerish, but then the hostess proudly proclaimed that only they [sky] could show you footage from season two...
    then, they showed the scene where Jack and co had just returned from the hatch, and Jack delivers his big pep talk to calm the crowd when they're getting nervous about the others.. and then it showed Locke moving out to go to the hatch saying sarcastically that the "safest thing to do was to wait etc... etc... wait for the brave folks on the raft to rescue them..

and I thought that was very spoilerish.... and finally:
    they showed a shot of Locke and Kate looking directly down the hatch.... soon followed up by a final shot of Kate descending down the hatch only to be swallowed by the bright light that suddenly appears

a fairly long-winded post I know..
    but this seems a tad idiotic to me seeing as the UK viewers are only at episode 8.. "confidence man"... I was under the impression that Lost had been ruined a fair bit already in the UK

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I have never had so much love for torrents, and the associated lack of spoilers, in my life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

qz wrote:
    I have never had so much love for torrents, and the associated lack of spoilers, in my life.
    Neither have I. If I had to wait and watch it all on RTE, or even C4, it would have been totally ruined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

SKy show a Brit version of ET,and they show the american one. So that was probably the american version...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

So that was probably the american version...

I don't think so..the hostess had an Irish/British accent (couldn't quite put my finger on it) and the cast of Lost were all saying that they were so happy that the show was sucessful in the UK... with stars making references to trips they made to London, with the actress that plays Shannon saying that she was " a big fan" of the english accent... and other items on the show were related to the UK if I remember correctly..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Sounds like the British one then...the host is Irish I think,not sure who she is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Amanda Byram, hot bit of stuff, my mates brother is with her sister.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

Amanda Byram

ls-amanda-byram.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

:rolleyes: could we get back to the real topic of this thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Sauron wrote:
    Yeah...Is your mates brothers mot hot Draupnir?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

Sauron wrote:

in summary, they gave away what most fans knew

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Sky have always done this, when they show adverts about the next episode of startrek, stargate, battlestar etc etc they give away all the good parts of the episode and ruin the bloody programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Narcissus

it's not just sky though. The ads for lost on RTE are terrible. They show the scenes near the end when they're looking down the hatch and the scene of walt being taken away.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Apapaia wrote:
    it's not just sky though. The ads for lost on RTE are terrible. They show the scenes near the end when they're looking down the hatch and the scene of walt being taken away.

This is why I hardly ever watch TV channels anymore, they always feck things up :mad:

Advertisement