Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Expectations?

Options
  • 23-09-2005 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭

What grades do you think youll get. I myself think I could get:

History:A

Religion:A

French:A

English:A

Business Studies:A

Tech G:A

Geog:A

Science:B

Maths:B

Irish:C

CSPE:F

What about everyone else? How much do you study? I suppose it will all be worth it for the party afterwards. Gonna kill a few braincells that night LOL

Comments

Why in hell do you think you'll get an F in CSPE?!

It's just not possible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

i got an A in CSPE, despite takin the piss in the written paper and apparently sending of the action project a couple of weeks late. its not possible to fail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭goin'_to_the_PS

8 A's :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Hahaha.....awwww

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭ratboy

Religion is a subject?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭goin'_to_the_PS

*claps slowly*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

4 a;s nd the rest a mix of bs nd cs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

those expectations are a tad high lol (to first poster)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

The action project in CSPE goes in an envelope with your exam paper. Your teacher was probably giving you an early deadline just to make sure you all had them in on time.

It is quite possible to fail CSPE and many people do. Not everyone is as literate as people on boards.ie. The expectations of, and reports of grades achieved here are unfortunately giving a false impression of what the national standards are.

If the Junior Cert. is so 'easy' for everyone why do they offer three levels at some subjects and two at most?

does this guy sound illiterate, i'm sure if he thinks he's gonna get 8 As he'll have no problem passing CSPE

• Advertisement

I did not say he was illiterate, I pointed out that it is not true to say it is 'not possible' to fail CSPE. It's quite possible to fail, and people do, despite trying their best.

No doubt the poster will do very well indeed, and good luck to him, but for anyone reading this who failed CSPE (or anything else at Junior Cert.), they should not take posts on boards.ie as reflecting the national situation.

Aren't you a being a bit PC, it has to be admiited that CSPE is an extraordinarily easy subject.

I'm not sure what you mean by PC in this context. I have taught CSPE to Junior Cert. students who have literacy difficulties and it is one of the more difficult subjects for them to pass. It presupposes things like regular reading of newspapers, watching TV news, discussing of, and knowing terms involved in environmental and social issues.

There is a large segment of the population that do not do any of these things. They may not be your mates or school colleagues, but they sit the same Junior Cert. exams and they find them difficult.

You might find it an easy subject, but not everyone does. The world is not made up of only 'All A' people.

newgrange wrote:
    You might find it an easy subject, but not everyone does. The world is not made up of only 'All A' people.
    people have different abilities than each other and not everyone is good academically tbh

newgrange was talking about students with literacy difficulties

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭*MmmPie*

Apologies, didn't see that part in his post, sorry.

All you need to be able to do is read, write and vaguely understand the content of sentences,

Exactly, and this, for some people, is not an easy thing. Poor literacy and numeracy are huge problems in Ireland. 'Technically' people with poor literacy can read, but their comprehension skills can be weak.

According to NALA: In the 1997 International Adult Literacy Survey (IALS), 25% of the Irish population were found to be at the lowest level of literacy.

That Anne Frank question for example, required a candidate to be able to be proficient at a basic level in Maths - it was an unfair question on a CSPE paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Sweet wrote:
    Lots of A's
    Wow, good luck with that.
    You must be smart.

A guy in my class failed CSPE, but that was because he didn't fill in the project bit, which was 60%.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Im not that smart I just find it incredibly easy to study. The subjects I mentioned that I might get A's in are all pretty simple apart from French. Also I was only messing with CSPE. If I estimated these results youd hardly think I was going to get an F.And there is no point in selling myself short. I have to have some hope.

Diarmsquid wrote:
    Wow, good luck with that.
    You must be smart.

A guy in my class failed CSPE, but that was because he didn't fill in the project bit, which was 60%.

LOL. I still havent filled in mine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Business is hard to get an A in, the short q,s are a killer
    I got 2 A,s Science and history

Good luck and all

well done my 3A's were in Geography, CSPE and Religion :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

We filled our CSPE book things out in April/May...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Same, we were told there was a deadline and there was a big rush.
    I stayed up untill 2:30 in the morning filling it out!

I dont know how many times Ive been kicked out of CSPE. I hate my teacher and the coursework. Its BS

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

I've got quite high expectations..

I'm looking for 9 As and 3 Bs.

Some subjects are just a case of revising 1st and 2nd year work if you understand it well.

I'm getting grinds in maths. It's always been my best subject until last year. I had a sh*t teacher and just didn't pay attention in his classes so I've a good bit of catching up to do there.

good luck but setting high goals often leads to dissapointment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

I had a useless teacher in 3rd year 1 of 2 in the class to pass the mocks (41%).Managed a C in the jc that was up to the grinds.

Dont expect an easy ride on french next year the were marked quite easy this yaer or so i was told. I was getting D's all yaer and managed a B in the Jc so nothing is possible + i dont get alot of help from the teacher she hates me she made me stand up for coughing so i pretened to faint, got to sit back down, works a treat, try it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

History:A

Religion:B

German:A

English:A

Business Studies:A

Woodwork:B

Geog:A

Science:A

Maths:A

Irish:B

CSPE:A

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭*MmmPie*

You all seem really optimistic, which is not necessarily a bad thing, but isn't it better to have slightly lower expectations and then be delighted if you get brilliant results, than assume you'll get all As and Bs and then be disappointed?

Advertisement