Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great Expectations?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

i think its much better to look at what mark would be acceptable for you at this moment in time.At this early stage you should keep your goals simple until the Mocks at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

I was posting the grades that I am capable of and as long these expectations are near enough to my actual results, I'll be happy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,483 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Id wager itd be possible to write "I am a duck" repeatedly on your exam paper AND do an action project on why the CSPE examiners are a bunch of ***** with a capital W and STILL get a pass mark in CSPE.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

andyman wrote:
    I was posting the grades that I am capable of and as long these expectations are near enough to my actual results, I'll be happy.

I'd agree with andyman. I know I'm capable of getting high grades.
    My english teacher says I'm a B student but I'm getting grinds and I'm really determined to get an A in english!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

*MmmPie* wrote:
    You all seem really optimistic, which is not necessarily a bad thing, but isn't it better to have slightly lower expectations and then be delighted if you get brilliant results, than assume you'll get all As and Bs and then be disappointed?
    I was thinking the same thing. But then again, if you set low expectations, you mightn't work to your full potential because you'll settle for a lower grade.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭coconutmonkey

I got 6 A's, 2 B's and a D. my B's were in Irish (higher and i managed a B! i couldnt believe it) and CSPE. my D was in history which i was annoyed about cos it was my best subject and id never gotten less than an A before, but i was so happy with my other results. i was so happy i got an A in higher maths, and in home ec and french. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

With the work I will *eventually* put in I should get:

Engrish- A

French- A

German- A

Science- A

History- A

Geography- B

Maths- B

Musik- B

Irish- B

cspe & religion- god knows what. they're marking it harder eacher year so it could be anywhere from a C to an A...who knows?

good luck as i said above

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Piste wrote:
    Engrish
    tee hee hee

Oh, the irony.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

/beats Diarmsquid with stick of irony

stick of irony = metal bar

thats a tad extreme :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I frequently spell English with an R instead on an L...even n my English notes I'll write ''Engrish Notes''

I blame the Japanese.

Piste wrote:
    I blame the Japanese.
    True.
    You rike some flied lice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 wHatsErname

here's my result i was delighted :D
    History : A
    English : B
    Irish : B
    German: B
    Art: B
    Home.Ec: B
    Science : B
    Geography:B
    Cspe : B
    Religion: B
    Maths: C

That's a mighty big, weird sig you got there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Its a tad big!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

Wait wait wait, coconut monkey, do I KNOW you? You sound awfully familiar.....Oh and to everyone with high expectations, good luck, if you work you can get what you want. BUT bear in mind, as you get closer to the junior cert, you wont want to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭pussycat_doll

omg d jc seems like 4eva ago! lol. im just so happy its over all d stress was not gud! bt i dnt even want 2 think bout d lc! omg TOTALLY dreading it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Don't worry about the LC, Pussycat. I'm sure you'll do fine. Especially in English. Yes indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Yes. Yes she will!

omg how funny! cuz my english has NEVER been insulted b4! ur all just so original, and oviusly so intelligent, since ur judging my english from a website! so much smarter than me.....lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

What else have we to judge your English from, pussycat? Do you want stalkers? That can be arranged. =)

omg y dnt u try NOT JUDGING. it cud b interestng. ok, if u can find were i liv, feel free 2 stalk me lmfao

feel free 2 stalk me lmfao
    I would be very interested in what goes on in your life actually. :rolleyes:
    It's hilarious from what I've heard so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I'll help you! I want her! eh...to learn.

Diarmsquid wrote:
    I would be very interested in what goes on in your life actually. :rolleyes:
    It's hilarious from what I've heard so far.
    well since uv herd nothin bout wat goes on in my life so far i dnt c how u can say dat, r judge it in ne way. lol

lol....maybe....lol he lol thinks lmfao that lol you're lmao amusing? LOL!

yeh he dus, hes patronised me ever since i first came on here

• Advertisement

He gave you a link to another site, that was helpful.

Advertisement