Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looks Like I'll Be On Here For Another Year!

Options
  • 23-09-2005 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭

Yeah, I've decided to repeat the Leaving Cert at home since I got awful results in August. Altogether I got like 135 points and was pretty much bummed out about that, especially after seeing the results that everyone else got at my school and then on here later that evening. I've been thinking about this for a few weeks and have already started studying. Alot of you guys may think I'm crazy doing it at home on my own (for now) but I work so much better in that environment it's unbelievable. I used to learn nothing at school (through my own fault), come home in the evenings and not open a book (though I'd do my written homework, well English mostly) - now I'm studying and working away on my own six hours a day from Monday to Friday and I'm not kidding you I'm actually benefiting from it. I know it will be hard but I'm determined to do this and make up for the two years I wasted in 5th and 6th year. By the way, I'm not saying that you would benefit better from dropping out of school and doing everything up to the exams at home, I've already been there and done that - I regret not doing what I should have done in those two years and have only myself to blame, no one else. Guess I'm making up for lost time, if I had to have done that in the first place I would be in college now with all my mates.

Anyways, just thought I should let you all know the deal. It's kinda weird seeing alot of new posters on here now too, I guess alot of the guys from last year seem to be gone? By the way, anyone else repeating?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭ratboy

I do 7 subjects and i'd say i have 2 decent teachers. So, i have to do most of the work at home and it works quite well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

Fair play to you. You sound motivated which is one of the most important things when it comes to the leaving. Hope it all works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Well done to you for being so motivated, you probably don't want to burn yourself out but I'd be great if you're able to keep the momentum going.

I hope you do well and get the points and course you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

yeah like everyone else sez...well done!! its cool what ur doing...remember tho that some of the courses have changed so u'll hve to learn new material

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Fair play to you.

Abercombie, your sig is just cruel!, not even Halloween, tut tut!.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

Fair play to you.

here here :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

Fair play to you.

not my fault...i swear

i've 2 little brothers (ages 3 and 4) and they have been going on about santa and stuff...omg give me a break like!!! haha :D wrecks my head..but i have to admit i love christmas morning and the looks on their faces when they see all the presents...i've even started my xmas shopping already....

but anywayz...ya can't blame a girl for loving christmas!!!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭R.D

yeah like everyone else sez...well done!! its cool what ur doing...remember tho that some of the courses have changed so u'll hve to learn new material

Thanks, and that goes to everyone else who posted in here! I'm studying Honours English, and Biology for now. The rest are all Ordinary - Mathes, Irish, Physics, and Economics... what courses have changed that you know of? And I can't wait til Christmas either haha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭chickens

I know the irish course has changed, there are different poems and stories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Aporia

Im repeating too I started last week which is late enough.
    Im doing Eng Art Bio Bus Geo Ger and pass Irish as a 7th subject...

So far the new Geography course has been confusing...its totally changed.
    Business and Biology are as I expected although im working from different books.
    At least this year I have a good German teacher!
    English and Irish poetry have changed which meaqns allot of work...
    Im doing As You Like it now I did Hamlet last year.

As mentioned earlier well done for being so motivated.
    I need evil teachers to make me work!

The only courses that I know that have changed are Irish Eng and Geo.

• Advertisement

Thanks Chickens and Aporia, yeah it sucks that the Irish and English courses have changed I had really good notes on both subjects, if only I had to use them when it mattered. As long as Maths, Biology, Physics and Ecconomics doesn't change I'll be happy LOL!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

R.D, fair play, it was probably a difficult decision for you to make cos an extra year of schoolwork is never appealing, but it sounds like you thought about it and made a mature and informed decision. It's great that you have so much structure to your study, it'll make a huge difference by the time June comes around! I think some of last years posters come on occassionally, like me, but don't worry I'm sure this year's bunch are just as sound! Oh and this may sound random, but are you the Eye Of The Tiger guy?

Fishie wrote:
    R.D, fair play, it was probably a difficult decision for you to make cos an extra year of schoolwork is never appealing, but it sounds like you thought about it and made a mature and informed decision. It's great that you have so much structure to your study, it'll make a huge difference by the time June comes around! I think some of last years posters come on occassionally, like me, but don't worry I'm sure this year's bunch are just as sound! Oh and this may sound random, but are you the Eye Of The Tiger guy?

Hiya Fishie, cool seeing you on here! So what you at at the moment? Haven't been on here since the day we got our results back in August so I missed all that. Yeah, it was a difficult decision especially when I realised all my mates would be going to college and I'm still be stuck here at home. But yeah, this year's bunch all seem cool. And yeah, I'm the Eye Of The Tiger guy LOL!

Haha, I'm glad that you are, cos otherwise you probably would have been like WHAT THE HELL??! I deleted all my old PMs you see so I couldn't be sure. I still have the CD of it that I burned, those inspirational power chords at the start still make me laugh! I'm going to Trinity to do Science, I hope I like it, I'm going to be so busy compared to all my friends that are doing Arts degrees! I still have all my LC notes so if you want me to email you anything I will, looks like the only thing we have in common is Biology though, but if you do then give me a shout before my mother forces me to clear my room and burn it all!

(burn the notes, not my room)

Advertisement