Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New Skanger Parody Music Video

• 23-09-2005 10:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭

Ok guys my next project for a short film to add to www.stevetrek.com is as follows. The other day a mate of mine were talking to each other in skangery voices in a little rap esque kind of thing and ended up coming up with some good lines, so ended up turning it in a skanger rap parody song... thing. The song isn't 100% complete yet but it sounds good so far.

Now, the whole idea of this in the first place is to make a music video, with locations such as tallaght, bray, and dublin city in the video, as the lyrics dictate. Currently I have access to two DV cameras, a Canon MV700i (Mine) and a Canon MV630(My mate's) with two tripods and one self mount device.

Ok so here's what I'm asking you guys. I know it doesn't sound like much at the minute but when the song's done I'll post it up here and get your opinion, then see if it's worth going ahead with this. So... would anybody be willing to take part in this project, be they acting in the video, shooting film, or supplying equipment on a loan? Or even just giving ideas for what should happen in the video, of what lyrics to change etc.

Hopefully if this all goes to plan I can get it screened at the Boards.ie Film Festival in December too.

So guys... you in?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

i'll help with a few of the ideas but i wont be able to physically support you in any form...(just follow the sound of my saultry voice)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

It's a start. I'll post up a link to the song when it's finished and we'll go from there yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

There's usually a burnt out car or two outside my office every monday morning to welcome me... I could shoot some shots next time I see some... I'm sure you could fit them in somewhere.

(I work in Coolock, by the way)

Well I'm sure we could have a scene in the music video where we're in Coolock... for whatever reason. You interested in helping out in any way then? For the kind of vid i'm talking about, we'd need at least 3 skangery extras to be 'de boyez'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Helpful Hint - Use your mate's camera for the Coolock shoot. ;)

• Advertisement

Bweehehehee. Nah we'd have spenty of people with us anyways so it'd be alright. Failing that I can just find a burnt out car in the Dublin mountains that's been abandoned, there's a fair bit of them alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭billstraighten

great idea ill help wit something if u want

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

if im about and you give me a bit of notice ill throw ye a lend of one of my Canon XL1s cameras

_raptor_ wrote:
    if im about and you give me a bit of notice ill throw ye a lend of one of my Canon XL1s cameras
    Excellent dude that'd be a big big help.
    great idea ill help wit something if u want
    Excellent, you and a few of your mates (if interested) can be the skangery extras. You'd have to get a few hoodies and baseball caps, and for any female friends, if interested, they'd have to wear horrible make up and hoopie earings :P

Ok here's the finished rap, if you guys like it then let me know if you're interested in getting involved in a video for it.

http://www.stevetrek.com/Anto_G_-_Holy_Jaysus_Boyez.ogg

• Advertisement

Anyone have a listen?

yeah i did.

its quite entertaining...

accursed irish sea, i'm actually interested in this project now.

It'll be re-recorded soon with better mics and stuff soon but you get the general gist now. You could always come over for a few days to help out :P

i already have enough on my plate on practical i have 3-5 short films to shoot myself this year (one will be my first animated piece). But i might pop over around halloween and again at christmas for film festival.

Hopefully this'll be screened at the festival, but If it's not ready in time then i'll submit something else from stevetrek.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

lol, i liked it! My mates have done something similar, i might post it with their permission, it might inspire you!

Excellent sounds good, so you interested in helping out?

yeah ill help out but i dont have much to contribute.......ill gladly be one of the skanger extras!!

......it comes with insurance yeah?!

Lol no, no insurance. It's a shoestring budget.

lol thought so! well whwn you come up with a date let me know!

• Advertisement
Advertisement