Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Light Tattoos

Options
  • 24-09-2005 7:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭

I've been thinging about getting a full back black light tattoo, a pair of wings. I'd get it done in the clear/ white ink so it would only show up under a black light. I did a bit of looking around on the internet and found mixed reviews about black light tattoos. First there is a high chance of having a bad reaction to the ink they use. Second the clear/white ink might change to a light brown colour after a few years, which then means that the tattoo has to be gone over in traditional ink to bring the black light ink to the surface and out of the skin. Also there was a mention of the ink not being safe for use on humans.

Can anybody here enlighten me?
    Is it worth looking into a black light tattoo or should I just go with the regular ink?

Also what about glow in the dark tattoos?

Any help is welcomed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

I was semi interested in getting something similar done a while ago i went and had a chat with a few artists and all\of them advised against it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

Where would it show up? Discos or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭freakydeadgirl

yeah pretty much or any place with a black light

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Kinda cool idea as you can have "secret" tatts ;)
    Before you do it, make sure you know what's in the ink. How can it glow in the dark and also be good to you?

http://www.bmezine.com/spc/experiences/glow/

I have tatts and have been thinking of a glow for awhile but will actally give it a miss meself, big girlsblouse Too health conscious...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

If you check around the various websites you'll find that the tats aren't quite invisible when done in the white, only reason haven't gone to England (the nearest listed tattoo place on any of the sites) to get one done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Are you talking about Blacklight or white? Two completely different inks.
    A blacklight tattoo is invisible apart from the scarification that the tattoo process causes whereas a white tattoo is well.... white. You have mixed up the two in your first post.
    If I were you I'd do a bit more research before getting it tattooed onto you.

It appears there is a pretty safe ink from Chameleon Blacklight UV inks but the people who run the company are dicks, they were on here a while back trying to pimp the stuff.
    Reading into it, it seems safe enough but they tell a few lies like that it is approved etc, it isn't but the UV particles are approved for adding to drinking water for certain tests.
    I wouldn't get a UV tattoo done but that's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Only the white (titanium white I believe is the description Chameleon use for it) blacklight ink is "invisible" under ordinary light, even this they say is dependent on your skin tone, and this is the colour which I was saying that if you check the images on the sites the tattoos are still somewhat visible when done in it.
    You'll see a lizard/gecko in white blacklight ink on this site here, both under normal light and blacklight:
    http://www.crazychameleonbodyartsupply.com/studios/crazy-chameleon.htm

Advertisement