Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst BF2 Problem ever

Options
  • 24-09-2005 10:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Not satisfied after throwing out my Half Life, Soldier of Fortune II and my sisters Sims II manual, my Mother has thrown out my BF2 Manual.

Tried re-install today and the place where we keep all our manuals, empty, again.

What do I do? I mean, am I supposed to now go out and pay another ****ing 50 quid just for a cdkey I should already have? Is there anything at all I can do?

Extremely ****ing annoyed

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

If that was me, I'd get my mum to cough up the wing-wangs.

Mobile, I feel your pain, my mum is also a compulsive thrower-outer-of-necessary-things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

it might still be in the registry...
    if you can remember any of it, try searching the reg for those few characters.

if the game doesn't store the cd key in the reg, you're ****ed son :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I do believe that the cdkey is stored somewhere on your hard drive , being an idiot , I don't actually know where , but google it , or one of our intelligent posters might help . I know I read it somewhere , but I have to go out , if no one has come up with it when I get back I will try to find it .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

This one time at band camp,
    my dog ate my cd-key.
    I tried feeding him loads of pedigree chum,
    But he wouldnt **** it out,
    so i shot him and earned my dog shoot em up badge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah I have checked registry in local machine but there's nothing, I uninstalled the game....

Gonna have go into Xtra Vision today and cough up forty notes for a new copy. God....it'd be one thing if the cd broke, but to think I still have the box, disc in pwo and 100% condition....so damn annoying.

Ah well...I'll still be online tonight, regardess. Whether I'll have the same name or not I dunno, can't remember my password either....what a day. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Well mobile i have to say sucks to be you man. Why didn't you keep the manual in the box? The dvd version is pretty cheap on cd-wow now anywho. :D

Yeah, sucks to be me. I dunno, it should have been in the box, but I have a habit of leaving all my manuals together in a bundle.

Its mean, cos I feel slightly better - my sister tried to reinstall Sims II just there and discovered to her horror the missing manual....and she has all the new expansions too..... :o

The only manual I COULD find is Battlefield Vietnam...but that kinda sucks in comparison.

Just gonna have to bite the bullet and cough up for a new copy today. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Kazujo

Sometimes if you contact the developer they can identify legit cd by the serial number on the inside edge of the disk and re issue the cd key, they may need proof of purchase but I think it can be done

I dunno....I'll see what can be done, but I'll buy it today anyway, and see what can be done with the other copy....at worst, I'll just give it to my friend with the new cd key so he can play it one player....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Right I'm home again and remembering

start,run,type "regedit" , HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\EA Games\Battlefield 2\ergc

and bingo there it is :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

I dunno....I'll see what can be done, but I'll buy it today anyway, and see what can be done with the other copy....at worst, I'll just give it to my friend with the new cd key so he can play it one player....
    OMG warez!!1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Check the EA support website. If you send them proof of purchase such as pictues of the cd's etc. they will send you out a new cd or reg key usually.

You can also obtain your reg key using the ezreg thingy thats installed with bf2.

.. also,
    Dont talk about warez ¬_¬

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement