Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Alterbridge

• 24-09-2005 11:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭

Anyone else here into them, they include two former members of creed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Yeah I like them. They've got three former members of Creed though, Brian played bass on the first few releases before he had a spat with Scott Stapp. The guitars are a lot more prominent than in Creed which for me is a good thing. They tour a hell of a lot but they never seem to make it across to here from the UK :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭EFC-4eva

same with many bands but yeah, i just downloaded all of 'One Day Remains' and it really does kick ass. They did that song for Edge in WWE as well I think- Metalingus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Their album is pretty good. I love Edge's theme song. They were shown backstage on Raw a few weeks back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭EFC-4eva

kelw, I love find the real and one day remains, wish they'd play over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

Are they anything like creed because i Fu***n hate Creed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭Dave H

Are they anything like creed because i Fu***n hate Creed.

Not really. Mark Tremonti's style is very distinctive so you'd spot him a mile away but I find that the songwriting, guitar tone and the fact that Mark Tremonti is soloing more stand head and shoulders above anything Creed could ever have done. Aswell as that, Miles Kennedy's voice would beat Scott Stapp's hands down.
    The only unfortunate thing is that a lot of people, a few of my mates too, will hear that 3 of them were in Creed and just say to hell with them, Creed were rubbish so I'm not gonna bother.That's a shame too 'cos a lot of people will be missing out on a great band.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I suppose you could say I'm "mad" into them... :)
    I liked the music in Creed but hated Stapp so when they split I was psyched when I heard the other guys were getting back together with Brian Marshall. I'd also heard some Mayfield Four stuff which is the band Myles Kennedy was in before and knew his voice was amazing. Check out Summergirl from them to see just how amazing.

Saw them live in the ULU in London last year, it was like their third gig. Met them before and after the gig, saw the soundcheck, went backstage etc.. they were a really cool group of guys too! :D

Yea the anti-Creed thing is still hurting them but the heavier sound is also losing them fans in the US plus Windup aint really promoting them much either. Theyr'e doing really well in Europe though which is a surprise since Creed never really made it over here.
    Ah well at least they're not being criticised like Creed for the mainstream success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

New label (Universal)

New album (9th Oct, called Blackbird)

New track: Rise Today
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=f8Tc-59LcT4

Bring it :)

How odd, someone else posting about them for once. ;)

Yep, the songs from the album that have been released so far (Come To Life, Buried Alive and The Ties That Bind) and the single Rise Today all sound great so far, really looking forward to the album.

They're playing their first show with the new album in Camden Underground in September. Had wanted to go but couldn't find anyone else willing to travel this time around. Tickets sold out within a few hours anyway, ah well. While I'd love them to play over here I'd say chances are still pretty bloody slim. :o

yeah quite slim, they played London Astoria before and I imagine thats as close as we'll get again

• Advertisement

Yea was at that gig, was bloody amazing. The bootleg of the gig is also great, I'd highly recommend you find a copy.

Sweet, Rise Today is out as a single this week :D

Can't see it getting any airplay over here but some of the UK stations should be playing it abit. Still waiting to get a proper version of it though, only have a radio rip atm.

I have a proper download of it if you're interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

I seen them in London about 2 years ago - amazing band to behold live, & that was in support of their debut album .......... very VERY cool band!!!!!!!!

Advertisement