Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Corrs - 100% Pure Distilled Evil?

Options
  • 24-09-2005 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Old Town + The Corrs = Hell.

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Also Black is the Colour + Corrs = makes my ears bleed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

over rated crap tbh

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Not-worth-rating crap tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

In fairness to the band - their first cd was very good. Their second cd was good. But after that I think they have gone downhill.

I think they have gone off the boil. I admire the band and I support some causes that the band support.

But in fairness to them, they can all play their instruements and the song they did with the chieftans was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

mike65 wrote:
    Old Town + The Corrs = Hell.

Mike.

Was working in Croke Park Sunday and the Corrs version of Old Town was being piped through the speakers continuously. Unpleasant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Bono & Corrs with "Stars go Blue" = AAAAARGHHHHHHHHHH!!
    How dare they ruin a Ryan Adams classic.... whats even worse, is I had that playing in my house when a mate goes "oh, that's that Corrs song"
    NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Caroline is fit though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I haven't heard Old Town (I presume we're talking about the PhilLynott tune here?) but in fairness to the Corrs if they weren't around it'd just be one more opportunity Simon Cowell and Louis Walsh to fill the market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I like the Corrs. I love their version of "Everybody Hurts". I also love that song Andrea did for the film "In America".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Why wont they **** off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Milkman Dan

to be fair, they're ****e.

but they're not aimed at you are they?
    they're aimed at older folks and foreign saps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

older folks and foreghn saps!..haha like that one :)

well although Im really not a radio music fan, but sometimes yu hear a gem or two,,,but these folks???..ughhhhh ....well to be honest I DID buy the 1st album,,but only coz id heard of these really talented babes from here,and thought wow goood stuff,,check em out.....was in virgin mega that time and heard the album being played, toss the feathers jig etc...well the drumming was excellent and some sharp guitar too,,,thought - wow these are really goood and nice babes too!!..wow had we finally Horslips' successors!?...
    Bought the album listened to it thru....not bad some good stuff and druming was good at times and veryy good too at other times....but then it alll happened!!,,then the truth came thru!...yep on the cd folder in small print "special guest drummer - Simon Phillips" one of the very best drummers around!...and also a guest guitarist for the sharper guitar work......soooo in other words they are a basic "produced band" with veryy little talent all the "hard bits" had been done by great musicians coz the babes just werent able to get out of smile and play sludge mode.

So thats the corrs to me, average girlies and a bro playing bland tedious garbage and live? - have a lot of help from "real musicians!!"

ciao' amigos...Baggio........

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

whiskeyman wrote:
    Bono & Corrs with "Stars go Blue" = AAAAARGHHHHHHHHHH!!
    How dare they ruin a Ryan Adams classic.... whats even worse, is I had that playing in my house when a mate goes "oh, that's that Corrs song"
    NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Caroline is fit though...

I don't even want to listen to it. Happy I haven't heard it yet. So Bono has covered Ryan and Cohen so far. Great choices I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Thought the Corrs first album was quite good, Erin Shore and the Minstrel Boy being good fiddle pieces. But then they came out with albums with songs from previous albums mixed and buying them became a waste of money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭celticwarriorjb

Forgiven, Not Forgotten is a good album to be honest. I couldent be bothered with them after that though all though I did like that song 'only when I sleep'. but there recent stuff just doesnt do anything for me.

Caroline is fitter than Andrea by the way, Ive always thought so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Didn't they do old town years ago? Or was that just Andrea? I know it's on this album but I've heard it years ago too, not sure if it's the same version.

Advertisement