Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6680 or Motorola v975 please help - need to buy today.

• 24-09-2005 12:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭

Hi guys looking for some advice please. Going to Carephone Warehouse later to join Three Network. Not sure which phone to go with. Only difference I see is bluetooth. Am I missing anything? Why the big price difference?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

The 6680 runs on Symbian software which means you have alot of applications easily available for it on the net. The 6680 is a better buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭litirspam

Thanks very much for reply Slurms. When you say applications. Are they applications that I would need or use? Is it worth the price difference for the applications?.

Well, I use a few of them File Explorer, Java games etc. so I would say it is worth it. Also from what I've seen of the v975 the camera on the 6680 seems alot better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭Niall123

I'll tell ya now don't buy the motorola. Everyone I know (including myself) that have had motorola have regreted it someway. I have a 6630 and the 6680 is relitively similar. Right now I'm very happy with it. So, I highly recommened the nokia.

Niall123 wrote:
    I'll tell ya now don't buy the motorola. Everyone I know (including myself) that have had motorola have regreted it someway. I have a 6630 and the 6680 is relitively similar. Right now I'm very happy with it. So, I highly recommened the nokia.

Thanks for reply.
    What exactly is wrong with it? What went wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭Niall123

Well first of all, on every single motorola flip phone (that I know of) they made the buttons too close to the screen so there's alway scraps on it from the buttons. And then I couldn't make/recieve calls unless I put the phone on loudspeaker, I don't know why it just broke and trust me that can be embarrassing (escpically on the bus). The recorder broke. The camera was crap. Then the buttons jammed. It was extremally delicate (I had a V525) and kept gettin scracthed against keys in my pocket. My friends had another motorola (can't remember which) and got so sick of it he picked it up and through it full force down a hill, ran after it and snapped it in 2, he then swapped it for an old nokia brick (which he's much happier with). Also when I finally got round to bringing the phone into the shop, it was 2 days out of warrenty. Now thats annoying.

Well went to CPW to buy yesterday but didn't realise that you had to trade in an old phone or pay €20 extra so I said no thanks as I didn't have phone charger or booklet with me and I wasn't going to be ripped off. So going to order off webstie.
    Anyway had a look at 6680 while I was there. Lovely phone but one thing I was wondering about was that the keys seemed to be very close together.

Anyone that has one. Do you find this awkward or do you get used to it?

No it's not awkward at all and it takes like 5 mins to get used to.

Phone ordered thanks for all your help.

Advertisement