Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tech Job Opening

Options
  • 24-09-2005 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

Spot open in the Technical Department(PC Clinic)i.e. The Glass Area. Full time position, working 39 hours a week. Going in the advertiser on thursday so anyone wanting to pop in and pick up an application before then can.

Also a number of support positions i.e. cashier, customer care, warehouse. All these are full and part time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Where can I drop an application? Never heard of PC Clinic

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

If I remember correctly he is on about the goldfish bowl in pc world out in wellpark.

"Jayshush bridey look at the insides"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Wow they might actually get someone with half a clue out there.

I hate that place with a passion, most (note not all!) of the staff dont know their mouth from their arse

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i once went for a job in compustore and i didnt get it thank god. Christ i knew more than the daft **** interviewing me. But i guess thats why i didnt get it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

what happened to the last poor eejit who did the job ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

JohnCleary wrote:
    Wow they might actually get someone with half a clue out there.

I hate that place with a passion, most (note not all!) of the staff dont know their mouth from their arse

I think there was a big tread about this stuff in relation to pc world and maplin not long ago.Anyhow........

Stores opening countrywide, now in sligo, think he's gone there!

forgot to say applications at customer care desk(yes you may laugh) fill in and drop in with cv.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

What kinda stuff would you be doing? any Ideas of the pay?

Sean.

Doing Tech job stuff so repairs, upgrades, troubleshooting, ect..
    Tech job pay varies from 20k - 30k

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭king_of_inismac

As far as the story around town is, the last guy in there had a particular computer fetish, and was fired after getting a particular appendage caught in a CD-rom drive of a toshiba....

tragic :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Oh ffs, really, who hasn't tried that at least once? *

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

If he had used a seedy-ROM drive it wouldnt have told on him. The old 'dirty temptress asked for it' excuse obviously doesnt work with toshiba drives either...maybe he'd have gotten away with that if it was a mac.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

About the job, Is there any Qualifications needed? Also when would the job start?

S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Ajnag

Im not in gway atm, so if you could give me an email, I could send on a cv.

Apparently there is no training need but anyone applying with experience or has a cv that stands out would stand a better chance.

Should be starting asap.

Not sure about email but might be in the advertiser on thursday. Could be galway@pcworld.ie.

Try posting it in, will arrive tomorrow or friday if you miss the posttoday,if sent from within ireland i think:
    PC World Galway
    units 5 & 6
    wellpark Retail Park
    Dublin Rd
    Galway.

Advertisement