Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any way of avoiding your previous posts being readable?

Options
  • 24-09-2005 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭

as above...if someone clicks on your username and "views all posts" they can look at all previous posts by you. Fairly intrusive if you ask me. Is it possible to switch this feature off for a particular user?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Then how would we know, what an annoying poster you are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Fairly intrusive? You're on a public message board, what do you expect? Anyone with access to a decent search engine can find what you write here... so thats, um, everyone.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

You both have exactly the same postcount (1829), eerie...

And yes, L5, anyone can find out anything you've ever posted just by googling with the right parameters.
    Moderators wouldn't be able to do their jobs properly, and you wouldn't be able to check up someone's sale history in the For Sales section.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

L5 wrote:
    as above...if someone clicks on your username and "views all posts" they can look at all previous posts by you. Fairly intrusive if you ask me. Is it possible to switch this feature off for a particular user?

emm....what goodshape said.

what are you trying to hide?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

L5 wrote:
    No, but you can stop future messages from being read by pulling out all the little cables on the back of your computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

CuLT wrote:
    You both have exactly the same postcount (1829), eerie....
    wow... that is eerie....

damn. broke it :-/
    what are you trying to hide?
    what indeed...

/runs off to check L5's post history... teeheehee...

bah go ahead...nothing too interesting in there dont worry
    Its just something i was wondering about, no need to get all worked up over it.
    If it cant be done it cant be done, doesnt bother me that much

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

L5 wrote:
    Don't bother posting if you're not happy about other people reading what you write.

When you take a phone call in a public place, do you go around telling everyone to cover their ears, or do you find somewhere private to have your conversation?

point taken, i was just wondering was it possible is all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Well, I honestly cannot imagine anyone reading through a user's old posts. Don't worry about it L5, I don't think there's anyone out there sad enough or with enough spare time on their hands to read through your 1800 or so posts, I was barely interested enough to read this thread.

Well, I honestly cannot imagine anyone reading through a user's old posts. Don't worry about it L5, I don't think there's anyone out there sad enough or with enough spare time on their hands to read through your 1800 or so posts, I was barely interested enough to read this thread.

fair enough...can we let it drop now please. i was simply asking a question.
    If a mod is knocking around can he lock the thread please? its pointless from here on.

looks like i was right....whinge whinge whine.....lock thread....whine

L5 wrote:
    fair enough...can we let it drop now please. i was simply asking a question.

You mean you don't want me to bump it up like I'm doing right now?

couldnt care less if you "bump" it up all year.
    It's spamming at this stage tbh

bazH wrote:
    looks like i was right....whinge whinge whine.....lock thread....whine

fcuk off baz, i wasnt whinging, i asked a question, got my answer and people kept replying to something that had already been pointed out.

L5 wrote:
    couldnt care less if you "bump" it up all year.

If you "couldn't care less" why did you ask people to stop posting in the first place? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Handbags at dawn!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

could somebody please sticky this? :confused:

could somebody please sticky this? :confused:

muppet tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Can someone with plenty of time on their hands please go back through L5's old posts and try to dig up whatever he/she is trying to hide?

I predict a PI "spots on willy" debacle.

lafortezza wrote:
    Can someone with plenty of time on their hands please go back through L5's old posts and try to dig up whatever he/she is trying to hide?

I predict a PI "spots on willy" debacle.

funny guy. feel free to copy and paste them all on here. I don't give a damn. Like I said it was something I THOUGHT might have been an option somewhere. Its been confirmed not to be. Hence I don't care. Nothing at all to hide so work away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

google for L5 boards.ie

If you weren't already paranoid... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

you are being awfully defensive....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

L5 wrote:
    Nothing at all to hide so work away.

Apart from all of the abuse of course...

L5 wrote:
    muppet tbh
    L5 wrote:
    fcuk off baz,

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

L5 wrote:
    muppet tbh
    oh you must be on about muppet, yes its down during the week so maybe you might feel good that no one will be searching old posts because search will be disabled.
    Anyways we can only see your previous 500 posts.
    what do you have to hide btw or do i have to find out.

Basically L5 doesn't want people to know what an assclown he is.

Although I didn't need the search function, if you see my first post on this thread

let the fun begin when this gets moved to the thunderdome

L5 your only complete alternative is to become a spammer and piss the admins off so much that they hit that delete user button, and then all your posts get wiped out.
    heres some tips to the road to get completly wiped off the face of boards
    1. Tell devore that hes a complete asshat and he couldnt play poker even if johnny moss thought him
    2. spam after hours with links to website that would turn a man into a woman
    3. PM cloud with vulgure abuse about him, his mam and/or his girlfrind/wife
    4. show whats on the other side of bazH's sig picture
    5. Slag my sig.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Asok wrote:
    Handbags at dawn!
    Not long now, tick tock

• Advertisement

he sused you out fred, you instigated this thread :D

This discussion has been closed.