Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

United-v-Blackburn(scores)

• 24-09-2005 1:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭

So what sre peoples predictions???

Id say 1-0 to United,not certain though that they'll win!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

kmart6 wrote:
    So what sre peoples predictions???

Id say 1-0 to United,not certain though that they'll win!

i have backed united to win with a cleansheet @ EVNS so anything from 1-0 to 10-0 and i will be happy!! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Much as I love Blackburn, I can't see them scoring unless from a set piece. I'd imagine Hughes will go for a 5-4-1 and settle for 0-0 like last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,331 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The physical way Blackburn play it will probably end up 3 busted ankles to nil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

3 - 0 to united.
    this is a great game so far. end to end stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Nooooo! I was just posting about how great Van Der Sar is and Blackburn score. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

right, well theres my prediction down the crapper. 1-0 to blackburn. coughrooney

Aww Jeez, Miller is warming up!

Go on the Rovers. I was optimistic last week and they lost. This week I was pessimistic and they're winning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

1 - 1 A rooney shot not held by friedel and Van Nist finishes it.

****ing pissed off watching this bollocks. Man Utd should be crushing them/DESTROYING them.

FFS!!!!!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

What a finish!

2-1 Blackburn

I am ****ing sick of that absolutely pathetic Manchester United team. Time to admit what i could not admit, they are ****ing in decline and will continue to be until they learn to finish. They are an absolute disgrace. They really are. If i was Ferguson, I would want to hang myself because of the way these players are playing. They can not finish to save their lives. Well done chelsea. It's all yours. You can quote me in a year.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Good goal. Pedersen finally starting to live up to his potential

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Kingp35 wrote:
    Pedersen finally starting to live up to his potential
    He had a storming season last season...

I'm not gonna waste my time with a United rant, I'm sure there'll be plenty to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

brilliant game! and an amazing second goal - it summed up the attitude for Blackburn.
    Dont know why Rooney was on the bench if he cant play midweek :confused:
    Typical to see all the empty seats created by the Man Utd "fans" as the game went into additional time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

whiskeyman wrote:
    Typical to see all the empty seats created by the Man Utd "fans" as the game went into additional time...
    I'd be amazed if there was a United fan in the world who wasn't extremely pissed off, surprised there was anyone still there after Blackburn scored the second. They were hopeless at the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Not a bad game and I can't argue with the result as Van der Sar made a couple of excellent saves first half. C'est la vie,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

entertaining stuff to watch though I was convinced United would win it after the equaliser as blackburn had surrendered the momentum.

There might have been pause to consider perhaps a penalty shout for United with all the shirt pulling that went on by the blackburn defenders on RVN. Still all being said, United squandered at least four good goal scoring opportunities in the first half and a few chance could have been better taken in the second.

Poor finishing from United is the story of the day I would believe, though at least they can have some confidence in their keeper this season, as I don't think van der sar can be faulted for any of the goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Fair play to Blackburn for a superb result, but Utd have only themselves to blame. Despite VDS's hard work in goals, Utd were a joke at the back and wasted numerous chances in both halves.

Rooney on the bench was bewildering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,657 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

cheesedude wrote:
    I am ****ing sick of that absolutely pathetic Manchester United team. Time to admit what i could not admit, they are ****ing in decline and will continue to be until they learn to finish. They are an absolute disgrace. They really are. If i was Ferguson, I would want to hang myself because of the way these players are playing. They can not finish to save their lives. Well done chelsea. It's all yours. You can quote me in a year.
    mau utd in decline old right :(

i personally blame ferguson
    his team formation etc etc etc i could go on

and that fu.cking tosser Rio mg he should have been sold in the summer i allways said it,that he is a waster

whats he on again 110.000 a week :rolleyes: ya right

and Smith its not his fault but he.s useless in midfield

January will be to late to buy players

i personally not going to bother watching united play any more untill they get a new manager
    i hate getting angry and by todays performance im going to get even angryer with every united match

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Don't want this to seem like a usual post defeat rant but I can't help myself. I defended John O Shea in the Ireland V France game...i thought he had a solid game but in the last 3-4 matches for Man utd he's been dreadful and as soon as we get more options in the full back position he'll be on is way. He doesn't look comfortable on the ball and gives it away far too often. His propensity to foul players alot is also a majot concern.

Paul Scholes is not the player he once was. I dunno what it is about him but even before he gave away the 2nd goal he was all over the shop...giving the ball away easily etc...Ryan Giggs was his usual frustrating self as soon as he came on.

I'll admit it now, United are not in Chelsea's league. They have to expect every other team to raise their game when they play them the days when Man Utd could dominate a team and leave an indelible mark in the result seem to be long gone. We're scraping through games and we can't be confident of beating any team in the premier league at the moment.

i could rant on like last season about the personnel that need to leave old trafford but I'll leave that for another time when it doesn't sound like soar grapes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

i had this down as a game we would use to build confidence by playing good football and getting some scores on the board. i didnt see the match but my god am i dissappointed.

i was watching sacair gold on tg4 the other night. they showed united v sheffield from 93. admittedly in that game united were poor but the team they had back in htose days was great. in every position they had players who would be one of the best in their position in the country. i look at the united team now and the only player on the united team worthy of a place in the premiership's best eleven is rooney imo.

so this week has been a real eye opener for me. were just not the team we used to be. im hoping and hoping we can turn it around this year but i have my doubts.

so this week has been a real eye opener for me. were just not the team we used to be. im hoping and hoping we can turn it around this year but i have my doubts.
    man utd are not going to win the league this season but next summer could be a rebuilding session
    hopefully utd will get rid of a couple wasters on the squad

and get a new manager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

man utd are not going to win the league this season but next summer could be a rebuilding session
    hopefully utd will get rid of a couple wasters on the squad

and get a new manager

This summer should have been a rebuilding season. Alex Ferguson is like a gambler who won't leave the bookies til he wins everything back, and inevitably loses it all. He said it himself that he won't leave until he wins the title again. I fear he'll be managing united from a drip...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I've been saying man Utd have been a team in decline since 2002.
    They have been getting worse and worse.
    Keane,Scholes and Giggs leg's have gone and they can no longer play at a fast pace.
    As a result of this United play at a much slower pace ,which means they struggle to break inferior teams down.
    The width in the team is gone,no crosses being swept as in the past.
    They lack an out and out striker ,one strong in the air and on the ball.
    Van Nistelrooy is a poacher and Rooney isnt a 20 goals a season man.
    Ferguson has played too many players out of position,bought too many grafters (hard working midfielders),and missed out on signing too many good players.
    The team will need a major overhaul if it is to return to the power it was in the mid-late nineties.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Waster

Do the majority of Utd fans feel that it's time for Fergie to go? I assume that the board wouldn't sack him after all he has achieved at the club so he would have to walk himself. Can't see him doing that until the summer. As an outsider it does look like his time is up. His team selections are getting more bizare and eratic by the game. Can't understand why he refuses to play Rooney as a striker. Sven got slated for the very same thing.
    Any word on O'Shea? He came off injured so I am trying to figure out whether I need to sell him from my fantasy football team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

During the game i blamed the formation that while its perfect for away games in europe its crap at home in europe or most premiership games. However today formation was fine, just the players couldnt hit the back of the net to save their bloody lives.

Such a frustrating game and i honestly thought it was gonna be a draw or a blackburn win just before they scored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I dont know tbh

I have been perfectly happy with the results in the season so far, and this is the first bad result of the season.
    I felt United were lucky in a sense, as Blackburn could have put much more past us.
    United should have gotten at least one of the three penos which should have been given, but alas.

The pederson goal first was just exactly like Chelseas last season, and it is once again blamed on Rio.
    Rio had a ****ing shocking shocking shocking shocking game. He was ****ing woeful.
    Should be dropped after that game for Pique and let him rot int he reserves until he wants it again.

Van Nist had a really bad game, just couldn't finish it.
    What did Fergie do?
    Took off Park for an ineffecient as always this season Giggs.
    Bring on Rossi!!!!
    Natural poacher, and scores goals.
    Van NIst has a bad game, take him off, like what the **** do you want.

HOW THE **** did Scholes stay on for that entire game.
    He was ****ing woeful, utterly woeful.
    Miller shold have been brought on.

I blame our entire defeat today on Fergie's bad decision making in relation to subs and inital team selected.
    Why was Fletcher subbed? He was the best midfielder!
    Why was park taken off for Giggs. Giggs hasn't done anything impressive all season.

Very annoyed tbh, terrible defending.
    That said, not many teams could defend well with their two top choice CB's, who are some of their best players, missing :/

p.s. Van Nist was offside

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Devious

Abysmal. Fletcher our best player? Bring on Miller? This says it all about the state of the current Utd team. Fergie has totally messed up by failing to sign some quality midfielders during the summer. I had hoped Ballack would sign next year, but I cant see why he would want to join us based on the performances to date. :mad:

• Advertisement

PHB wrote:
    I blame our entire defeat today on Fergie's bad decision making in relation to subs and inital team selected.
    PHB, fergie has been doing these mistakes every game and last year too
    nothing has changed

a great manager knows when to retire and fergie should

i hope carlos doesnt get the management job i prefere Martain O Neill
    i know man utd are a big step up from celtic but i think Martain can do it

I wonder how Glazer is thinking of this
    if he wants to make money from united,
    united need to starting winning matches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Wan the Rovers! We beat the scum! Away too! Woo Hoo!

Mind you, it did make ****e of my fantasy football team...

Baz_ wrote:
    Wan the Rovers! We beat the scum! Away too! Woo Hoo!

Mind you, it did make ****e of my fantasy football team...

beat the scum :rolleyes: not nice
    i dont think united fans called rovers scum did they

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

this is the first bad result of the season.
    City was a bad result imo tho a derby can always end like that.

While the l'pool result wasn't bad as such, the performance sure was.

Scholes as shown nothing much all season, Giggs played great for wales but ****e as usual for the club. I really hate to say it but its time fergie thought about moving upstairs :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

i think the majority of utd fans agree its fergies time to go there is nothin more he can really do for the club except bring it down.
    i am glad i missed match today because as far as i can read it was a shambles.

like most said giggs keane and scholes should be off loaded,the ballack idea is a great one but alas i cant see him joining a downhill team.me sees a whole decade of this stuff kinda like liverpool in the ninties. anyways always great to know we built our winning team not bought it. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Baz_ banned for a week.

Sarge and Dingatron also banned as sponsors.

Thanx

• Advertisement

Have to admit that I think the bannings on this forum are a tad United biased. I contacted one of the mods a few weeks ago about this.

I remember a thread called "Lucas Neill...scumbag" where several people referred to Blackburn players as scumbags and thugs, yet nobody was banned.

Then the minute people called Wayne Rooney a scumbag, they and their sponsors were banned.

Anyway, on the topic of the game, thought Blackburn were superb. People say United had plenty of chances, so too did Rovers. I'm ashamed now that the best I was hoping for was 0-0.

Bellamy looked fantastic IMO, involved in alot of Blackburn's build-up play. He and Dickov look like a partnership that could bring goals.

The one thing Blackburn lacked last year was creativity but now we have Pedersen and Bellamy. Bentley didn't look half bad either but its early days for him yet.

Roll on West Brom next weekend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

a great quote
    Alex Ferguson is like a gambler who won't leave the bookies til he wins everything back, and inevitably loses it all.
    Ye couldn't have summed up the last 2 years better....

Have to admit that I think the bannings on this forum are a tad United biased. I contacted one of the mods a few weeks ago about this.

I remember a thread called "Lucas Neill...scumbag" where several people referred to Blackburn players as scumbags and thugs, yet nobody was banned.

Then the minute people called Wayne Rooney a scumbag, they and their sponsors were banned.

Go to the feedback forum if you have an actual problem.

p.s.
    I could be wrong, but i'm very sure that Thanx for the Fish is a scouser, so ya know if he is united biased, things have changed alot over the years :rolleyes:

---

I've calmed down quite a bit after the inital result.

First off, Could somebody tell me how in a 4-4-2 system Van Nist or Scholes or Ronaldo would have finished better?
    We made a ****load of chances, at least a dozen, and we put away one. That is the problem, not the system.

Secondly, while I blame fergie for yesterdays result, I do not want to see him fired. There is no way we could honastly fire him after all he has done, however his retirment might not be a hugely bad thing. He seems to have lost something, I don't know what it is. That said, I'd rather him stick around for the time being, until the end of the season at least.

First off, Could somebody tell me how in a 4-4-2 system Van Nist or Scholes or Ronaldo would have finished better?
    We made a ****load of chances, at least a dozen, and we put away one. That is the problem, not the system.

It wasn't just the finishing yesterday that was United's problem though. For a team that had only conceded once before yesterday's game, United looked worryingly open at the back.

More than once the Blackburn attacking quartet of Pedersen, Bentley, Dickov and Bellamy got in behind them all too easily.

Both goalkeepers had superb games, even though some people may blame Friedel for RVN's goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Lemlin wrote:

Thats the biggest load of bollox ever!. There is no bias towards any supporters. Do not try and misrepresnt what was said.

First of all as was explained to you in the PM, the mods don't have time to read every single thread or post or sometimes we are not around for a few days. I explained if you have a problem with a post, report it or pm a mod at the time. You PM'd me about a post from a month previously. I said it was out of line, but there was a policy between the mods that we dont ban retrospectively.

Todays post was reported, wayne rooney scumbag post was reported, simple as that.

• Advertisement

It wasn't just the finishing yesterday that was United's problem though. For a team that had only conceded once before yesterday's game, United looked worryingly open at the back.

Possibly due to the two first choice wing backs who were missing?
    Could that be it?
    Yeh I'd say that is it.

With regards to Uniteds match today, United were ordinary. Even though they did have chances, they didnt create them. Theres 2 prolems there at he moment. The current set of players and the formation. I'd agree with everyones opinions on the players so i've nothing to add.
    4-3-3 (4 - 5- 1) in reality is fine for away matches. But in your home games you have to play 4 - 4 - 2. But in reality United don't have the players anymore for a 4-4-2 so i don't think Ferguson has a choice.
    You can't blame yesterdays result either on a team coming to Old Trafford and defending, Blackburn attacked everytime they got the chance.
    And people saying they won't watch another united game with ferguson in charge is plain stupid. You support you team through thick and thin.
    And finally i don't think you can blame Ferguson on not bringing in another midfielder in the summer, hes not blind. I just don't think the money was there.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

talla wrote:
    I just don't think the money was there.
    Only because Ferguson wasted a load of it on Forlan, Veron, Barthez, Ferdinand (IMO), Kleberson, DjembaX2, etc. etc. I really think if United end up trophyless this season he really should go. He is a legend, but he should know when to step down and let someone else have a go at rebuilding the team.

Originally posted by talla
    Thats the biggest load of bollox ever!. There is no bias towards any supporters. Do not try and misrepresnt what was said.

First of all as was explained to you in the PM, the mods don't have time to read every single thread or post or sometimes we are not around for a few days. I explained if you have a problem with a post, report it or pm a mod at the time. You PM'd me about a post from a month previously. I said it was out of line, but there was a policy between the mods that we dont ban retrospectively.

Todays post was reported, wayne rooney scumbag post was reported, simple as that.

I don't want to risk a ban myself but the fact is that if 3 moderators cannot notice a thread called "Lucas Neill...scumbag", that ran for almost a week, between them then perhaps you need to boost your ranks. As I told you in the pm, I wasn't aware of the procedure of reporting at that time as I was new to the board.

I do think it is hard on Baz to be banned. I think a warning would of been more adequate seeing as a few weeks ago he would of logged on to see players from Blackburn being called "scumbags" and "thugs". That is why he may of saw little wrong with referring to United as "the scum".

Originally posted by PHB
    Possibly due to the two first choice wing backs who were missing?
    Could that be it?
    Yeh I'd say that is it.

I realise that you make alot of the fact that United are missing Heinze and Neville PHB, and I do agree that they are two big players for United. The thing is though that United were opened up just as much through the middle as they were on the wings yesterday.

Lemlin wrote:

I do think it is hard on Baz to be banned. I think a warning would of been more adequate seeing as a few weeks ago he would of logged on to see players from Blackburn being called "scumbags" and "thugs". That is why he may of saw little wrong with referring to United as "the scum".

As a member of boards for six years I'd be very surprised if he wasn't aware of the history of the soccer forum and the reason for the introduction of the sponsor system. As such, his use of the word "scum" to describe Man Utd was inadvisable, regardless of recent threads on the forum.

Lemlin wrote:
    I don't want to risk a ban myself but the fact is that if 3 moderators cannot notice a thread called "Lucas Neill...scumbag", that ran for almost a week, between them then perhaps you need to boost your ranks. As I told you in the pm, I wasn't aware of the procedure of reporting at that time as I was new to the board.

First of all there are 2 moderators, AMZ is the category Mod for Sport. She will step in myself or T4TF are not around, but again she can only step in if there is a reported post or a pm. If a mod is even missing for 2 days a thread could disappear several pages back.
    So the problem is that you as a user did not know how to report a post or PM a mod then. The same policy that is on every forum on boards. You have been registered on baords since April. I find that hard to believe. Therefore its not a problem with our moderastorship. As i have said the forum rules are applied accross all supporters.

Everyone knows that you cannot use the term Scum. Its in the charter. And again i apologise that we missed the thread regarding Lucas Neill, but like a broken record we cannot cover every single thread here and we require the support of the community.

PORNAPSTER wrote:
    Only because Ferguson wasted a load of it on Forlan, Veron, Barthez, Ferdinand (IMO), Kleberson, DjembaX2, etc. etc. I really think if United end up trophyless this season he really should go. He is a legend, but he should know when to step down and let someone else have a go at rebuilding the team.

Who is a better manager out there?????

There are two men who I would love to see: Either Mourinho or Rijkaard...! Basically I want a top continental coach to take charge kind of like Benitez with liverpool to bring new ideas...like someone who knows the Premiership really well and can bring in gems from foreign leagues like the Brazilian league like what Luxembergo did with Robinho and Baptista etc. I don't want poxy Martin O'Neil or any other british manager. There is nobody good enough who i feel can do anything different unless you get one of the top top continental coaches even the Milan coach...he is going to be sacked soon enough if current results keep going...just someone different not a British manager.

But then again, why would I want Rijkaard to leave Barcelona when they are playing the best football? I watched my main team Man Utd lose in absolute disgust and then watched my other favourite team Barcelona V Betis later on that night and it made me feel a lot better because the football was top class. The skill and technique was superb and that was without Deco and Ronaldinho in the team.

While I will agree that Ferguson has not been quite up to scratch in the transfer market. The reason he was going down that route of looking for players with potential was because Man Utd do not just buy big namers(with the exception of van Nist, veron, rooney and ferdinand) they don't just buy this "Galactico" each year like Madrid do. And wtf are you saying about Forlan? Look what he did last year in Spain? He just could not cut it at Utd. That is not Fergusons fault. The lad was always class for Uruguay. Kleberson was amazing for Brazil in the last world cup...why shouldn't he have taken a chance with him??? Not Fergies fault he was injured a lot and had personal problems. Djemba was class for Nantes and played really well against Utd and in general in Europe.

Ferdinand even though he had a dodgy game is a world class defender and will get better with age.

Barthez was an international keeper who was always class for France. He basically lost it when he ****ed up against Liverpool(or was it Arsenal) and was shipped out that season...

PORNAPSTER wrote:

Oh i agree totally, if they fail to win a trophy this year, he has to step down. But the fact of the matter is, I don't think the money was there this year.

Originally posted by therecklessone
    As a member of boards for six years I'd be very surprised if he wasn't aware of the history of the soccer forum and the reason for the introduction of the sponsor system. As such, his use of the word "scum" to describe Man Utd was inadvisable, regardless of recent threads on the forum.

Interesting that you should have an opinion on this. If that can be said for Baz, do you not think that you, as a user with nearly 4,000 posts, should know not be referring to Blackburn players as "scumbags" and "thugs"?

Originally posted by talla
    First of all there are 2 moderators, AMZ is the category Mod for Sport. She will step in myself or T4TF are not around, but again she can only step in if there is a reported post or a pm. If a mod is even missing for 2 days a thread could disappear several pages back.
    So the problem is that you as a user did not know how to report a post or PM a mod then. The same policy that is on every forum on boards. You have been registered on baords since April. I find that hard to believe. Therefore its not a problem with our moderastorship. As i have said the forum rules are applied accross all supporters.

I was new to the soccer forum and thought that the moderators would be watching topics. The thread ran continuously for nearly a week, with plenty of posts to keep it in the first page of threads, from a Wednesday night to the following Monday.

I only realised how easily people could be banned when I saw the Rooney thread, I'll know in future.

Oh i agree totally, if they fail to win a trophy this year, he has to step down. But the fact of the matter is, I don't think the money was there this year.

I find it surprising how easily the United fans can turn on Ferguson. I don't agree with his recent tactics but he has done huge things for the club over the last 19 years. I think he deserves a bit more respect for his achievements.

Lemlin wrote:
    Interesting that you should have an opinion on this. If that can be said for Baz, do you not think that you, as a user with nearly 4,000 posts, should know not be referring to Blackburn players as "scumbags" and "thugs"?

Why am I not surprised?

Firstly, the sponsorship system was introduced after the mother of all pissing contests between Arsenal/Man Utd/Liverpool fans resulted in mutiple bannings and the temporary shut-down of the soccr forum. For anyone to even attempt to reopen that can of worms is inadvisable IMO. Calling Man Utd "the scum" goes dangerously close to that. For that reason and for that reason only I posted in this thread.

Secondly, I refrained from referring to Blackburn players on the thread in question as scumbags after it was pointed out that bannings have occured for less, and acknowledged such in said thread. Until today I was unaware that scum was specifically mentioned in the charter.

As for thugs? IMO the word is a descriptive term, not an insult. Just to be on the safe side I'll use the phrase "repeatedly guilty of thuggish behaviour on the field of play" if you like.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement