Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SG:A - 2x10 - 'The Lost Boys' [SPOILERS]

• 24-09-2005 2:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭

Ah yes ... this time im quick enough ¬_¬

Lost Boys is the first of a two part ep and also calls the mid season break for the SciFi channel :( But anyway, thoughts on this ep...

What did you think of SG:A - 2x10 - 'The Lost Boys'? 11 votes

As great as the flying Atlantis city itself
    0% 0 votes
    The Aurora in its prime
    18% 2 votes
    Just a small puddle jumper
    36% 4 votes
    A crappy wraith dart
    27% 3 votes
    As crappy as the guns the crew had on Aurora
    18% 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭jimmeh

yet another dire ep, i had hope after watching ep 9.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Well I enjoyed it! Not the best of the season, but it had some good moments, particularly the inside of the Wraith hive ship. Some decent combat scenes and McKay was fun as the hypochrondriac "drug addict". Also a pleasant mix of some plot elements - e.g. the buffer in the Wraith dart, the Genii, Forde. I was going to be VERY annoyed if they recalled the address from the DHD since they haven't been able to in SG1 so many times, but thankfully they couldn't really.

Wasn't so pleased with Weir over-worrying about Sheppard and I missed some McKay/Sheppard banter. Still though pretty good and a decent cliffhanger..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

The cliffhanger was the only good bit IMO. I was hoping they were gonna kill off Ford here, he's annoying me. I don't get how the enzyme effects mastermind McKay to loose his intelligence but still allow Ford to outsmart what's his face. The South Park song "Gotta use a montage..." once again pops into my mind whilst watching stargate.

I wonder why I liked last season so much.

I vote crappy wraith dart, even though those darts are cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Yea .. im sorry. Spent 5 min trying to come up with options. Next time hopefully I shall have a better one then the Wraith dart. Was the only thing that I could think of at the time :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

While cheesy in parts I enjoyed it mostly. Super Ford is far more interesting than season 1 Ford but I wish the writers didn't have to keep hammering home how he is on the path to evil so much. Ronan was very well used and junkie Talya is much more interesting than the normal eye candy is fine once she gets no lines character that I usually rant about.

McKay was fantastic and back on form after been neglected to the background for far to long over the last few weeks. Sheppard was a joy to watch as always and even the R2 line got a chuckle which surprised me seeing as I ****ing hate when Bower does it on SG1 week in and week out.

As with BSG the wait to see this season continue sucks :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Thought this was pretty poor, maybe the weakest of the episodes. All pretty obvious stuff. I can see why Ford is an occasional guest. His character doesn't really have anywhere to go. If these guys have been targetting the wraith how come no-one knew anything about them before now? Overall though this season of Atlantis has been better served with characterisation and storylines.

Advertisement