Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Establishing a Film Production Company

• 24-09-2005 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hi guys,

What's involved in this? I know its probably a lot. And also I'm a screenwriter (who has yet to sell anything) and would like to direct the project too. I know filmbase run a course on this, but I'm out of work at the minute and would appreciate it if any1 who has some free advice could help me out. PM if u want.

Thanks,

Brad

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭mycroft

Bergstrom wrote:
    Hi guys,

What's involved in this? I know its probably a lot. And also I'm a screenwriter (who has yet to sell anything) and would like to direct the project too. I know filmbase run a course on this, but I'm out of work at the minute and would appreciate it if any1 who has some free advice could help me out. PM if u want.

Thanks,

Brad

Okay a couple of things do you want advice on setting up a company or a film production company. A Film production company has to be a company and go through the regular hoop la to get incorporated, I'm in the process of doing this at the moment, for tax reasons, and all you need is a good accountant. I'm going to be junior vice president in charge of marketing.

If you're asking about pratical knowledge about setting up a dedicated film production company, as I mentioned in an earlier thread FAS run a training course in tralee, for film makers and it includes a work placement, if you're not working that'd be a start. Also filmbase have reduced rates for the unwaged, so look into that to.

Advertisement