Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL, Dublin 9 Area

• 24-09-2005 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

I have had NTL since January, 2mb Cable
    Initially, it was excellent and my dl speeds were quality.
    In the past 2 months it has deterioriated to almost 56k speeds at times....at peak times like between 6-9 it can be utter ****e.
    I ran traceroutes and showed these to ntl, but they moaned that it was level of usage on these particular servers and not their fault.
    They claim that there is a 24 user limit per line but its obvious that the line is being whored out, well to me anyway
    Its definately not my pc, nor adware, spyware or anything like that, the pc is kept sweet, and its the same when I connect a different pc to the line....
    Anyone else get this in the area?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I have NTL 3m in D9 and I haven't experienced any problems. But then I might be on a diferent node.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Gone very bad in D15 again !!!!

512 on a 3 meg package all weekend !!

Advertisement