Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Email Application on 6230i on Meteor

• 24-09-2005 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

Just switched to Meteor from o2 yesterday and discovered that the email application would not work out of the box.
    The official word from Meteor is that they do not support this application. So Here goes - this is what to do.

1. Ensure phone is already GPRS enabled (IE you can browse and send MMS)
    2. Go to settings / configuration / personal configuration settings
    3. Select Options / add new and choose Email
    4. Input your email settings (I do not know the meteor smtp server address however I do have SMTP authentication on my existing email account so I use that) Ensure that you choose not to use the default access point. you will need to define an access point for both SMTP and POP3

Here we go:
    SMTP and POP3 access point are as follows:
    Proxy - Enabled
    Proxy Address - 10.85.85.85
    Proxy Port - 9201
    Data Bearer - GPRS

Select Bearer settings
    GPRS Access point - isp.mymeteor.ie
    Authentication type - normal
    Username - my
    Password - meteor

You have to enter these settings for both SMTP and again for POP under the Incoming mail tab.

You then must "activate" these settings for the email applet

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

just a note, the ISP Access Point (isp.mymeteor.ie) is seperate to their MMS / WAP Acces Points so just to point out even if MMS / WAP may be working doesn't mean the ISP service will also... the account needs to be set-up (provisioned) for all the access points / service the person wan't to make use of and sometimes the operator's CSRs need this to be highlighted to them

ISP doesn't make use of a Proxy (WAP / MMS do) so the Proxy info isn't needed for setting up apps that make use of the direct internet connection e.g. email clients (inserting proxy details into an ISP connection can cause probelms depending on the device being configured)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

kazoo106 wrote:
    Just switched to Meteor from o2 yesterday and discovered that the email application would not work out of the box.
    The official word from Meteor is that they do not support this application. So Here goes - this is what to do.

1. Ensure phone is already GPRS enabled (IE you can browse and send MMS)
    2. Go to settings / configuration / personal configuration settings
    3. Select Options / add new and choose Email
    4. Input your email settings (I do not know the meteor smtp server address however I do have SMTP authentication on my existing email account so I use that) Ensure that you choose not to use the default access point. you will need to define an access point for both SMTP and POP3

Here we go:
    SMTP and POP3 access point are as follows:
    Proxy - Enabled
    Proxy Address - 10.85.85.85
    Proxy Port - 9201
    Data Bearer - GPRS

Select Bearer settings
    GPRS Access point - isp.mymeteor.ie
    Authentication type - normal
    Username - my
    Password - meteor

You have to enter these settings for both SMTP and again for POP under the Incoming mail tab.

You then must "activate" these settings for the email applet

You seem to know what your talking about so you may jus be the person to help us - can i direct your attention to http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=304061&goto=nextoldest

And one question - you said you had switched to meteor from o2..... did it work with o2. Thanks

Advertisement