Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rumour: Dolan to Waterford

• 24-09-2005 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

Apparently Pat Dolan has taken the reigns at Waterford United until the end of the season. This was supposedly announced at the RSC at 4pm.

Im looking for a link or anywhere to have have this confirmed, but cant find anything.

While I have no love for Dolan, this could be a very good move for both parties. Waterford are in dire straits, maybe Dolan can give them the kick in the ass thats needed. I hope they stay up. I also wonder is Mick Wallace involved here in any way shape or form.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Haven't seen anything on this myself, maybe it will get a mention on TG4 tonight. Although I can't see myself understanding anything they say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Haven't seen anything on this myself, maybe it will get a mention on TG4 tonight. Although I can't see myself understanding anything they say.

try and hear if the words Pat Dolan and Port Lairge (sp?) are linked .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

No mention of it anywhere bar posts on messageboards.

Really, Waterford can't exactly do any worse than they are at the moment, and at a time when they need people in the gates to save their very future Dolan could be the man to get a bit of publicity for them. Once he's not let near the finances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Rumour 2 Dolan to take over Rovers and Collins to be sacked to go....

Rumour 3 Collins and his buddy who owns Gretna to take over Pats /Bray.

Go for bray .....bray......bray.....

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

i was talking to a very good drogheda supporter the other night at the match the other night and he was telling me that pat dolan is going to come in at the end of the season and take over for a under acheiving doolin . i still hold out some hope that the dundalk board might bring pat in at the end of the season . but i think the drogheda story is more likely

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ Were those full stops I saw Sarge?!? Praise be the day.

I also heard the Dolan Drogs talk. I suppose when a person of Dolans stature in the Irish game is not working, there are always going to be rumours of who he will take over. He is too big a name, he has too much enthuasiam etc to be out of it for too long.

I hope he has taken over Waterford, as a good Waterford team brings alot to the premier division, and if other rumours are to be beleieved - If Waterford are to get relegated, they may drop out of the eL altogether and go back to the MSL for a few seasons to stabilise. That would be a poor day for the eL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

For Waterford's sake they need someone like Dolan who can get them playing football. I've heard rumors for months about Dolan/Waterford and nothing has ever come to fruit so I wouldn't take these rumors at face value yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I've been hearing the Waterford stuff for months too.

The Drogs is a new one on me, but I think someone like Dolan needs to be in the game, as this long out of the limelight does nothing for his ego.

I look forward to Shels new rivalry with whatever club goes to next?

"Waterford Warriors" anyone?

The man would want to get a life now.

In todays Examiner
    “Suggestions that I am taking over as manager are completely wide of the mark,” said Dolan. “I’m not interested in going back into management at the moment because my head is still with the team that I built at Cork."

However, he goes on to say

"However, the club has asked me to consider taking on a role where I can help out and assist Brendan in his duties. I have informed Martin (Colbert, club director) that I will give my decision by tomorrow.”

Bit of a kick in the stones for Waterford. His heart obviously wont be in it. I reckon Rico will deck him sooner or later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

So much for him saying he'd never get a job with Waterford as it wouldn't be fair on Cork City etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Slash/ED wrote:
    So much for him saying he'd never get a job with Waterford as it wouldn't be fair on Cork City etc etc

You mean Mr St Pats left Pats!!!!!!!

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Pat Dolan wrote:
    “I’m not interested in going back into management at the moment because my head is still with the team that I built at Cork."

The words ''over'', ''it'', ''get'' spring to mind. :rolleyes:

What an idiot. I bet you if Cork win the league he'll be taking all the credit.

What an idiot. I bet you if Cork win the league he'll be taking all the credit.

Ill rephrase that for you - If City win the league, he TRY to take all the credit. The man has issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

gimmick wrote:
    The man has issues.

you mean other than his weight :eek: .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Big Ears wrote:
    you mean other than his weight :eek: .

No need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

CONFIRMED!! He's coming to waterford WOOT!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Great news, maybe the kick in the behind that the team and club needs!

Quote...

Pat Dolan to Assist Blues
    28 September 2005

Pat Dolan has made a return to eircom league football as he takes up and advisory role with Waterford United until the end of the season. Dolan, who has had spells at Cork City and St Pat's joined manager Brendan Rea, coach Ray Moran and the players for a training session last weekend and he has today confirmed his commitment to help the club for the rest of the season.

"We are very gald to have Pat at Waterford for the rest of the season," commented chairman Martin Colbert. "His role will be an advisory one but he will have an input into all aspects of the club's operations. Pat has already worked with the team and Brendan Rea and his input at last weekend's sessions have been well received by all. Our priority is to maintain our Premier division status and everybody at the club will be striving to achieve that goal."

Advertisement