Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Miller Ad

• 24-09-2005 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭

The Miller ad with the guy on the bike is one of the cleverest bits of ad work I've seen in a while. It's as good as the Carlsberg ads which are going off the boil now IMHO.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Can't say I've seen the Miller advert yet, though I do tend to channel hop during ad breaks!

I do agree that the Carlsberg ads have run stale, though they were great when first introduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

I have to say i really like the miller add!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Ye its a cool ad, the best iv seen in a while. The sound track is very good too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Havent seen it.. what happens?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Guy leaves party to get beer. Gets on bicycle, freewheels downhill past various things happening in the background. Gets off bike, goes in liquor store gets beer, comes out, remounts bike. He then freewheels downhill past the same background activies, in reverse order of course, and end up back at the party. Completely seemless backgrounds. Very well done.

Miller should be paying me for this :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

Easy living alright. Did you see that he doesn't have to ever peddle his bike? Totally love this ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I like this ad too.

Here it for d/l if you want to check it out.
    http://paedia.adme.ru/video/reels/rf/2005/RF2005_503313_129FTLN.mpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Such a cool ad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

can anyone please tell me who does the music for that ad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

It's 'Fantastic Cat' By Takako Minekawa from her album 'Roomic Cube'

Taken from the following thread:

Alt/Indie Music Forum

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

woden wrote:
    Taken from the following thread:

Alt/Indie Music Forum

cool, thanks a mill.

-Femmy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Damo_24

Really is a great bit of advertising.
    You pay more and more attention to the ad every time you see it to try and figure out how they did it.

My theory is that they reverse the film and angle it somehow because if you look at the wall where the guys are playing basket ball on the way down you can read the writing.

after he picks up his beers the writing is all reversed.

the next best ad after this one is the sprite one on the basket ball court.
    where it turns into a swimming pool.
    Love that ad too. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

My guess is that the 'house' itself is actually a set/facade built on location and then moved further down the street to a 3rd block.
    The scene is then filmed in two parts and spliced together at the point where he goes into the off-licence. The first half ends at the precise point where the guy walks in the offo door and goes out of shot and the second half begins the instant the woman walks in from the right. Everything else (cars, basketball-hoop, welder, those suspiciously tall metal walls, house facade and partyguests etc) is all then repositioned appropriately for the 2nd half.

That said tho I could be totally wrong and there was an even simpler way to do it that's just been staring me in the face. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭scoey

Speaking of ads. Does anyone know if there's anywhere I can download the Amstel ad thats on the tv at the moment? The one with Christopher Columbus and the Irish guys. I love that ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

It's a good ad but what about the poor journey he's gonna have to make up the hill? and that bike don't seem like it's got any gears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Skyuser wrote:
    It's a good ad but what about the poor journey he's gonna have to make up the hill? and that bike don't seem like it's got any gears.

You're kidding right!

I love those Sure ads where people are jumping out of buildings and driving through store windows to deliver packages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

I think that Amstel ad is just brill,so original!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

Ye its a cool ad, the best iv seen in a while. The sound track is very good too

My 5-year-old loves it too, whistles the tune everytime it comes on. He only drinks Guinness tho'

:)

Ah! The power of advertising.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I was going to post a thread asking the name of the song!
    very good ad. Why is it always the beer ads that are good? Well, those, and those freak ass 3 Mobile ads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I find that ad very irritating. Hadn't noticed it was the same house - there was me thinking he was one of those cool guys who gets invited to all the parties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Barrie

Any one know where i can get details on the Miller add? EG Director etc...

Advertisement