Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I hate broadband in Ireland!

• 24-09-2005 6:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

It's too expencive for what were getting in return. Someone should do something.......

*equips flame shield +1*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Was talking to My uncle, He currently has his business in Thailand/Hong Kong and travels alot he was over last week and he thought Ireland had one of best Broadband Tech in the world, I almost pssed myself......Just thought i would share with the rest of ye..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭ando

you should have been here 4 years ago when we were all members of Irelandoffline fighting to get flat rate dial up ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

DingChavez wrote:
    Someone should do something.......

Yes it is too expensive and a poor service. If you feel so angry about it then join Ireland Offline they are trying to do something about it.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Too true! There still isn't a true FRIACO product but compromises.

Fianna Fail'ure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

DingChavez wrote:
    It's too expencive for what were getting in return. Someone should do something.......

*equips flame shield +1*

i would be interested in hearing what you're doing or plan to do in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,627 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

ando wrote:
    you should have been here 4 years ago when we were all members of Irelandoffline fighting to get flat rate dial up ffs

Exactly! The rest of the civilised world already had broadband and here the only way was satellite (which I had 4 or 5 years ago)

In fairness it's much improved over the last few years due to availability and competition and I reckon Irelandoffline played a significant part in that. Just an example is that my provider (NTL) recently doubled my speed and at the same time took 10% off the bill

Advertisement